1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

REV 22:18,19

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by JamesJenn, Jun 20, 2001.

1. JamesJenn

JamesJenn New Member

I don't believe that a saved person can lose his salvation. In this verse is it saying that if a saved person were to take part of the scripture away he would lose his salvation?

2. Will

Will New Member

JamesJenn,

No it is not saying that a saved person can lose their salvation.

They way I would describe it is as follows: If someone says they are a Christian, yet adds (follows the book of Mormon), are they really a Christian? If someone says they are a Christian, yets takes away (says they don't believe Christ was really ressurrected), are they really a Christians? Remember some will call themselves Christians and he will not recognize them.

3. DocCas

DocCas New Member

I believe the context speaks of personal tribulation, not losing salvation. If a person tampers with the word of God, God will send personal tribulation into his life. [​IMG]

4. Defensor Fidei

Defensor Fidei New Member

Question;

Since the Bible was not canonized until the Council of Chalcedon in the forth century, what "book" is Revelation warning against tampering with -- the book of the Revelation or the whole Bible? How would believers who read that book in the second century have understood those verses?

As for losing one's salvation, please find me an example of a covenant which is unconditional. I have heard the term "unconditional covenant", but have failed to find it demonstrated in Scripture. What I have found, exemplified by Deuteronomy 28, is that a covenantal relationship is breakable.

CT