1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rev. 3:20 "I stand at the door"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jun 26, 2013.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
    20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

This text is jerked out of context and perverted by Arminians. Simple abc's of hermeneutics exposes their use of it as complete perversion.

1. Who is Jesus speaking to?

The letter is addressed to a church not the world

The preceding verse proves he is speaking to those he will "chasten" and he does not "chasten" lost people - Heb. 12:5-10.

He is speaking to those who already have "ears to hear" not those lost world

The question is can truly saved people be out of fellowship with Christ or must the be saved and lost, saved and lost every time they lose fellowship????
    He is speaking to the "churches" not the lost world.

2. What is the Offer?

The offer is not them coming to christ in faith but Christ coming to them to restore broken fellowship - "sup with him and he with me."

Salvation would be them coming to Christ but this is about Christ coming to them.

3. The Question

The question is whether those in need of chasten are lost as these are subjects of chastening - Rev. 3:20

The question is whether you can be saved but out of fellowship with Christ?

The question is whether those subject to chastening are out of fellowship with Christ and if not then why chastening and if so then does Christ chasten lost people?

#1 The Biblicist, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The letter is addressed to the lost "you know not that you are poor miserable blind and naked" to those who are alone - on the inside - without Christ.

I stand at the door "and knock - IF ANY MAN hear my voice AND open the door" Rev 3.

Same Author - same message as
    "Christ is the Atoning Sacrifice for OUR sins and not for OUR sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE world" 1John 2:2.

Same Author - same message as
    "God so loved the WORLD that He gave... yes really!"

Same Author - same message as -
    "If I be lifted up I WILL DRAW ALL unto Me" John 12:32

Same author same message as
    "God sent His Son to be the Savior of the WORLD" 1John 4

Same author same message as
    "He is the light that coming into the world enlightens EVERY man" John 1

Same GOSPEL same message as
    "Come unto ME ALL who are weary and heavy ladened and I will give you rest" Matt 11

Same message as
    "God is not willing that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance" 2Peter 3

in Christ,

Bob

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is so pathetic it does not deserve any answer. Ryan could care less about proper exegesis or context. Does he really think all this pick and choose prooftexting changes a solitary thing about the context of Reve. 3:21 one single bit?

When a mind functions like this, there is no basis for intelligent conversation.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Contextual anaysis shows us that the Godhead themselves are addressing this to saved in church, to have them allow God come on in and become more imtimate with His own people!