1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rev. Jesse Peterson: Black Preachers Worshiping the Wrong Messiah

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 14, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow...overgeneralizations must have been on sale today. You buy in bulk?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Libs are elevating the race issue to a higher level these days. Be prepared to see new kinds of race wars in our streets that will be instigated by all the new liberal talking points.

3. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

To the contrary, extremists are returning to their racist roots, and they are being called out on it.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Evidence please

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Can I assume that the names of those "Christians", whom you knew were burning down churches, were reported by you to law enforcement for prosecution and called before their church for disciplinary action.:tonofbricks: :tonofbricks:

Blacks have been voting democrat by about 10 to 1 since the great democrat FDR freed them, or was that the great democrat Abraham Lincoln.:BangHead: :BangHead:

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Perhaps they do things differently in Nashville but the only white robes I see in churches in South Carolina are those worn in the Baptismal Pool.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#26 OldRegular, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It's amazing how much wrath is spewed out against anyone who dares be critical of anything that's black as if by doing so they were condemning everyone and everything black. But we must be free and brave to speak our minds even if it is unpopular.

Black liberation theology and the black social gospel are false doctrines that have invaded many black churches. They should be replaced by the theology of God and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Preachers like Wright - mentioned because he's the one most recently in the light - need to be pushed out by the members of black churches. They need to stop letting these kind of people make them into victims and polarizing them against others. They need to start demanding preaches that preach only the Biblical truths from the pulpit without the politics of men and the plays on racial hatred. They should not get a free pass just because they are black.

I have a similar critique for the "feel good" preachers of most of the mega churches who preach little from the Bible and mostly try to make their listeners happy for an hour. But that's not the subject here.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Well, on this thread you question whether BLACK ministers are really called of God. You don't make that claim against WHITE ministers do you? That's racist.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How about since LBJ pushed through the voters rights act and the 24 Amendment to the Constitution?

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Abraham Lincoln was a Republican but I'm sure Democrats will be glad to claim him.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think that's unfair. The article is speaking of black ministers so the topic is black ministers. White ministers are not being spoken of right now.

But I will say that I fully agree with this pastor. I've seem the evidence of another gospel preached - another god taught by black pastors (and white pastors as well, for sure). If they preach another gospel, do we really think God called them to the ministry? God calls someone to preach a false gospel? I don't think so. If someone is preaching a different word from the pulpit than the Word of God, then he was not called by God.

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

This is an example of what I've written about. We've come to the point that when anything black is questioned it is deemed racist. This quickly leads to responses that takes us back to another time and place and other issues in order to establish the guilt of whites and the excuse of blacks. This isn't productive and avoids the discussion of areas of serious concern among blacks in general and, more importantly, any resolution or improvement.

Most every group can at a given time in history have a set of problems that needs to be addressed. This doesn't make that group any less human than another nor any other group more superior. The demographics of a group can be nations, regions, nationalities, occupations, sexes, etc., and, yes, races. The reasons for the problems can be of many root causes while not inherent to the members of the group itself. It is possible that another demographic grouping may or may not have the same problem at the same time. All people have faults individually that vary from the averages but the groups to which they belong will likely have some kind of predominant issues as well. Trying to make the problems inclusive of all groups merely dilutes the attention needed to those most effected.

Blacks, as a group, presently have serious problems with specific issues such as higher incidence of crime, lack of father figures in the family unit, and false doctrines in churches teaching black liberation theology or a black social gospel with the latter of these being the subject of this thread. Responsible black leaders know this and want to do something constructive about it. Irresponsible black leader want to use it as a tool to further victim thinking, gain willing followers, and increase their own power and influence. It doesn't mean all backs have these problems nor that any of these are the result of being black. But, never the less, the problems are real and need to be addressed.

Blacks must first accept the reality of their problem and then accept responsibility for it. They must own the problem. This means they must stop letting the race mongers blame another group and stop looking for the government to hand them a solution. Then they most work at fixing the problems because they want to do so. They must work at it a home and in church. There's no reason they can not.

All God's children are cursed with the same inherent sinful nature and yet blessed with the same option for salvation, justification, and sanctification. The scriptures are the same for all of us and, therefore, there should be no white gospel or black gospel. The plan is the same. God has no race, no sex, no nationality, etc. The message of the Bible is about liberation from bondage to sin and its consequences through salvation by the grace of Jesus Christ. It is not a message for one race verses another. There's no merit in a black liberation theology - preached in many such as Wright's church but not all black churches - that originated from Marxist revolutionary thinking instead of scripture.

It's time for blacks in their own churches to put aside the false teachers and preachers among them.

#32 Dragoon68, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2008
  13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I've been to conferences where African American men in ministry have discussed the theological errors being taught in black churches. These speaker are grieved by it and want to help bring discernment and biblical teaching back to those churches that have gone astray.

Of course, there are some excellent black churches out there. It's the ones in error that we hear about. There's a large church here in DC that had Farrakhan or a Farrakhan follower (I can't recall now but I watched this on TV) come in and speak to the church and he welcomed him as a "brother." This is not that unusual in some churches to embrace those with the Nation of Islam.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ummm...I thought this was obvious but I did not make the claim. A black pastor did. But as usual you do not like the topic so you try to make it what it is not.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What article did you post?

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

this is ridiculous, if you disagree with a false gospel your automatically racist. that attitude is anti biblical, saying a false gospel can not be pointed out and called what it is. incrediable to me is christians defending a false gospel.

17. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jesse Peterson is correct....I've listened to sermons from maybe 15 to 20 black preachers, and only about 3 of them I would consider "brothers in Christ" One of them is Jesse Peterson...The rest use race as a foundation for their sermons, which seldom mention Jesus Christ in the proper context....

If the majority of the 96% are churched blacks, and they voted for Obama, then you know for certain they are not taught the God's Word properly. Yes, I imagine mama made them do it...It happens.