1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 12

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by th1bill, Nov 18, 2011.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you agree that Paul sees the bruising of Satan as coming from the seed of the woman and his church?

#21 percho, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  2. Winman

Winman Active Member

The woman in Revelation 12 is the nation of Israel. This is the same vision Joseph had in Genesis 37.

Gen 37:9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
    10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
    11 And his brethren envied him; but his father observed the saying.

Joseph himself is the 12th star. The stars represent the 12 tribes of Israel.

#22 Winman, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Not only from Paul but Jesus Christ Himself tells us: No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house. [Mark 3:27]

I also believe that the bruising of Satan starts with the rejection of Satan by Jesus Christ during the period of temptation. Satan was defeated and sentenced by the cross and resurrection, his power is more limited [ Revelation 20 calls it bound.] and he is awaiting his destiny, the Lake of Fire.