1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 17:8

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DesiderioDomini, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is not arguing at all. He is copying and pasting the work of others. It was obvious that william did not write what he posted - all the words were spelled correctly! :D

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brian used to post here if I am not mistaken.

3. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

My point is, that KAI PARESTAI (CT), KAI PARESTIN (Aleph-c), KAI PALIN PARESTAI (Aleph*), and KAIPER ESTIN (TR) do not mean the same thing, nor do they translate the same; hence, Kinney and Co. are still left with the task of explaining how it is that KAIPER ESTIN came into existence, when it is nowhere to be found in history, prior to 1516.

4. william s. correa

O.K. Folks I'm no Expert and never claimed to be one! So what is the Point that Erasmus didn't Know Greek? That one word wasnt found in any MSS before 1516? Well that dosent prove that it wasn't. And If it was what is your agenda? To Disprove that the KJB is the correct Greek trnslation rather than one that was pulled from the fire and preserved only to be an Enbarrassement to the Pope of that time! So what if I couldnt speak a Word of Greek. I have a KJB! Thats the whole point Of the Translators who Knew that not Every One was a "Smart Man" so thats why we have it still today But then comes Dr. Big belly and tries to rewrite History and prove that their version is Scripture that you can put your faith in. Well I just dont buy it!Christ's words were also not in Greek historically. The direct reference would NOT be to the GREEK originals or apographa, but to the Aramaic Jesus spoke (Mark 7:34; Mark 14:36; Matt.5:22; Matt. 6:24, etc.)

5. william s. correa

You are correct I am not arguing I am feeling great this morning and God has granted me New Grace1 I am glad we have Moderators to help me when I have made a Mistake! But Honestly It Sounded So good to my heart I Thouhgt I Would Share ot with all you good folks! :eek: [​IMG]

6. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

Thread hijack for a sec here. I haven't seen Brian post at all lately and his website is non-existent if anyone has any info plz let us know.I'll post about the relevent topic in a sec TY.

7. william s. correa

No Doc I'm Google over Jesus

8. william s. correa

Okay, I'll bite, who are you? [​IMG] (The only one I can think of was the guy out of Midway that came to Spring Valley in the mid 1980s. I am sorry I don't remember the name.)
    Doc you have a Mean Spirit :mad:
    April is married and living in Riverside. Her husband is career Air Force. They have two boys who are the apples of their granddaddy's eye. [​IMG]
    I am familiar with both writers and, in some areas agree with them, but disagree in others. Especially the assertion by Doug Kutilek that Erasmus was a loyal, life-long Roman Catholic. In fact, the Roman Catholic Church disagrees. A Catholic historian, Hugh Pope, under an official Roman Catholic imprimatur and nihil obstat, says:
    Pope suggested Erasmus had serious doubts about every article of Catholic faith: the mass, confession, the primacy of the Apostolic See, clerical celibacy, fasting, transubstantiation and abstinence. (Hugh Pope, English Versions of the Bible. St. Louis: B. Herder Book Co., 1952, p. 105 and Schaff, p. 413.)

The quotes Doug uses came from the early years of Erasmus's life, not the latter years when he spent all of his time with his Protestant friends, and was buried in the Prostestant cemetary in Basel in 1536 after the cemetary became Protestant. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]

9. william s. correa

Then why would you care so much about the reading of Rev. 17:8 being available to us in manuscripts OLDER than 1516?

10. william s. correa

the Above Qoute Was From a source pointed out erlier by C4k thank you

11. william s. correa

Doc you have a Mean Spirit

12. Rev. Lowery

Rev. Lowery New Member

Why would it be a typo what else could it say have you tried jumbling the letters maybe it will say something that Armenians can use to defend there theology. I guess its to scary to know that everyone isn't going to Heaven who say they are saved only those who's names are in the Lambs Book of Life before the foundation of the world. I love when God is right and everyone else just thinks they are.KJV 1611 *4TW*

13. william s. correa

He is not arguing at all. It was obvious that william did not write what he posted - all the words were spelled correctly!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well thank you thanK you very much!

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

It seems like the quote you just posted argues against your case - if it did not exist prior to 1516 why should it be included?

15. william s. correa

Amen Bro Preach it!

16. william s. correa

I dont have a case TCassidy and DD do! I have a KJB and therefor dont need to Know greek God has made it Simple for me to have his Word and Doc holiday is trying to make it hard!

17. william s. correa

Did I just make sense or is it too early this morning I'll get a cup of Some Colombian Coffee

18. william s. correa

A case of the " BAPTIZED in Lemmon JUICE" Syndrome

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread has become a one-sided rant over the last few posts. It has exceeded our optional five page limit.

Unless it returns to honest disoourse over the passage it will be closed in the near future. I am on the road today so other mods please feel free to act at your discretion.

20. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kai Palin Pareste (Aleph) is out of discussion.

The main issue is :
    Kai Parestai and Kaiper Estin
    και παρεσται καιπερ εστιν

Και Παρεσται is taken by NA and supported by majority ( not the absolute majority, but major part) plus Alexandrinus.

Vaticanus doesn't have the entire Revelation.

In the context, Kai Parestai makes much more sense than the other.

I told you, A Broken Clock can hit the exact time once or twice a day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.