1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 17:8

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DesiderioDomini, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

Yes and the RCC burned it! or burned them at the stake! And Yes I Agree to an Extent with White who is the Messanger from God! But for the most part Erasmuses Life as a Translator defying a Goliath such as the RCC!Who burned your text OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER. Again until the AV 1611! Amen!

2. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

TCassidy, your assumption of his retardedness was far too mild.

I suggest you reconsider.

3. william s. correa

Dont you get it! the World wants you to throw your KJB away and try something that feels good , looks good, sounds good but is no GOOD!

4. william s. correa

Woe unto you when men speak well of you for my name sake so did the "false prophets", I Rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ! Blessed be the name of the Lord! If you have a Text Problem talk to my BIG Brother Jesus!

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad to see that william agrees with James White and considers him to be the expert authority on the text of the New Testament.

Here is what James White says about Revelation 17:8:

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:Woe unto you when men speak well of you for my name sake so did the "false prophets", I Rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ! Blessed be the name of the Lord! If you have a Text Problem talk to my BIG Brother Jesus! [​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG]

7. william s. correa

I am glad to see that william agrees with James White and considers him to be the expert authority on the text of the New Testament.

Here is what James White says about Revelation 17:8:
    </font>[/QUOTE]What does Tcassidy say?

8. william s. correa

I agree up to a point! I said I agree with Erasmus and His Novum Testamentum Translation! And surely i do not Agree with anything Tcassidy has to say for he is undecided and confused????????

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not undecided. I have decided to follow Jesus.

Nor am I confused. "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

And you say you don't agree with anything I say? You don't agree with me that Jesus Christ is Lord? You don't agree with me that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh? You don't agree with me that the bible is the verbally inspired, infallible, preserved word of God?

What are you? A Modernist?

Oh, and, william, Erasmus’s Greek text was not a “translation.” It was a critically compiled text. (One more area in which william seems abysmally ignorant.)

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    White is about as anti-KJVO as they come! But you quote from him trying to make your point?

Once again...I'll type S-L-O-W-L-Y so it doesn't go over your head...

HOW DID "KAIPER ESTIN" GET INTO THE TR AND HENCE INTO THE KJV AT REV.17:8 WHEN NO KNOWN MS HAS THAT READING?

You saw Doc C's quote of White. And Reuchlin was a HEBREW scholar, and a Catholic. He did learn Greek, but he concentrated mostly on Hebrew.

11. william s. correa

Nor am I confused. "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

And you say you don't agree with anything I say? You don't agree with me that Jesus Christ is Lord? You don't agree with me that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh? You don't agree with me that the bible is the verbally inspired, infallible, preserved word of God?

Oh, and, william, Erasmus’s Greek text was not a “translation.” It was a critically compiled text. (One more area in which william seems abysmally ignorant.)
    </font>[/QUOTE]The only Abyss that I know of is Hell And it has been prepared for the DEVIL and his Angels! [Personal attacks deleted] Repent! for the Kingdom of God is at hand!

[ May 16, 2006, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

12. william s. correa

White is about as anti-KJVO as they come! But you quote from him trying to make your point?

Once again...I'll type S-L-O-W-L-Y so it doesn't go over your head...

HOW DID "KAIPER ESTIN" GET INTO THE TR AND HENCE INTO THE KJV AT REV.17:8 WHEN NO KNOWN MS HAS THAT READING?

You saw Doc C's quote of White. And Reuchlin was a HEBREW scholar, and a Catholic. He did learn Greek, but he concentrated mostly on Hebrew.
    </font>[/QUOTE]BINGO! You just Answered my Question! He was a Catholic protecting the RCC and rewritting everything they told him to and covering up the truth! in the Burning of the text and the Martyrs thats why Erasmus wrote it! BIG SlOW, Duh! My point was not on White it was on Erasmus!Duh!

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:The only Abyss that I know of is Hell And it has been prepared for the DEVIL and his Angels!

That has nothing to do w/what DC was writing about. He was writing about a schism which occurred within the RCC. I first heard of this schism in 10th grade world History.(and I attended an ordinary high school) If YOU haven't heard of it before, it's not OUR fault.

All that you said about Jesus I agree with but not with you for you are a false prophet!

Please show us any prophecy authored by Dr. Thomas Cassidy.

You Claim to Know Jesus but your Words Are hateful and full of satan.

He's only callin'them as he sees'em.

And that makes You a LIAR, And a False Prophet! Repent! for the Kingdom of God is at hand!

Please point out his alleged lies.

Mr. Correa, I suspect your goofy rants are merely an attempt to get the thread closed so you don't hafta answer the "kaiper esti" question. Our moderators aren't gonna take your bait, but if ya keep up acting goofy, you may find yourself banned, at least for a "cooling off" period.

Now, PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION, or admit defeat. If ya need time to look into Reuchlin's text, just ask, and I believe all posters will allow for that.

But your goofy rants only make YOU look goofy, and don't further your cause one iota. As I said, you most likely don't wanna face the question, and so are trying to get the thread closed.

14. william s. correa

Keiper Esti is Gods word! that settles it! none of you have an answer why? If I'm Banned at least I didnt bow down to [attack against God's Word deleted]!

[ May 16, 2006, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

15. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

No, but you did bow to Satan constantly with your blatant lies and your refusal to research your unfounded claims.

How does the God of the Bible have anything to do with your actions? You know as much about this as I do about molecular biology. The only difference is, I have enough sense not to walk into a group of biologists and start trying to educate them in my ignorance.

This lesson you have not learned.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa: Keiper Esti is Gods word!

No it isn't. It's either a typo by Erasmus, or a deliberate addition. It's not found in any known ms used by Erasmus. Have you found it in any Greek text written by Reuchlin?

that settles it!

No, it doesn't. It's a GUESS. No proof.

none of you have an answer why?

Yes, I did. See above. If you have a different answer, let's see it. Just saying it's in the KJV & therefore is correct is just guessing. I am just guessing about how it got there also, but there's a very large chance that one of my 2 guesses are right, while there's NONE that yours is right...at least the ones you've made so far.

If I'm Banned at least I didnt bow down to The MV god!

Why not? He's the same-one-and-only God of the KJV also.

You don't hafta be banned at all...just talk some SENSE. Calling people names, questioning their salvation because they disagree with you is in the finest tradition of Torquemada & the Inquisition, and of that mental giant & paragon of brotherly love & marital bliss Dr. Peter S. Ruckman. Do ya REALLY wanna be like THEM? Is such behavior honoring to CHRIST? Sorry, but just saying, "It's in the KJV & that settles it!" settles NOTHING. All you're doing is gluing feathers onto a hippo, hoping it'll fly. Barking at the moon doesn't move the moon one quark's width nor alter its light by one photon.

Gotta have PROOF! WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW IS A READING IN THE TEXTUS RECEPTUS THAT CANNOT BE FOUND IN ANY KNOWN MS USED TO MAKE THE TR!

It's either a typo or a deliberate addition. If ya cannot prove differently, just be a Christian about it and tell the truth.

17. william s. correa

Yes it is!WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW IS A READING IN THE TEXTUS RECEPTUS THAT CAN BE FOUND IN A KNOWN MS USED TO MAKE THE TR!

18. william s. correa

</font>[/QUOTE]You have decided to follow yourself!

19. william s. correa

20. william s. correa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.