1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 6

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by th1bill, Oct 8, 2011.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 6:1:
    And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Remember, Christ, the Lamb that was slain, has just taken hold of the scroll and has now opened the first seal. It is also important that these ¨beasts¨ are in the ranking of the hierarchy of the Angels. These are the four that guard the Throne of God, forever, and one has just invited John to approach the Throne to see what is in the scroll.

Revelation 6:2:
    And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

There are many thoughts put forth that this white horse is the same horse and rider we will find in the nineteenth chapter, I tend to disagree. I know that Jesus is there opening the scroll and I accept that these things are to happen in the future but for this rider, on this white horse, to be Jesus, I would need to forget the truth of the work He did on the cross. His ¨work¨ is finished until He sets foot on the Earth to rule! This rider has gone forth conquering and to conquer. Having attempted to conquer I know for the truth that this is a deadly serious work.

Revelation 6:3:
    And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

John appears to have either stepped back or is very involved in watching the events caused by the rider of the first horse and rider and when the LORD had opened the next seal another angelic being had to call his attention back to looking at the scroll. I believe that it is essential to remember that the present, the future and the past are all current in Heaven and to remember that John, alive in the first century s viewing events that will, very likely, occur in the twenty-first century and very soon.

Revelation 6:4:
    And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Anything is possible in Heaven because the power of God is without limit but I have never seen red horse and I do feel that God used these, vividly different horses for, likely, many reasons and the first thing I see is an example of the unlimited spectrum of God. So we see the character on this horse is going forth with a sword, an implement of war and he will bring war to the earth. I´ve seen some that teach the idea that this war, here, is to be a limited war with perhaps twenty or thirty percent of the world, to include, certainly, Israel... I disagree! In the mid-sixties I read a book titled ¨The Haj¨ and it peaked my interest in the Muslim World. Although I was disagreed with by my peers in the military I saw the civilized Nations at war with the Arab Nations and in a religious war with them, I see the events of today going there. It is a World War and we are, in my opinion watching the beginnig of it right now and they are moving in all of the world.

Revelation 6:5:
    And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

If we have kept the commandment to study to show ourselves approved I feel that everyone of us know the scripture that assures us that a single meal will cost a full days wages and that is what we see here.

Revelation 6:6:
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Continuing: This Black Horse represents a terrible dark time. When the disciples walked with Jesus, they learned to walk in the light. Over the span of the centuries the Light we are to walk in has grown darker and darker as we have twisted the words of the writers of the scriptures, giving them the meaning we wish to live with. The scale represents judgment!

Revelation 6:7:
    And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

Revelation 6:8:
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

I do not know if I should agree or to disagree but some see this Pale Horse as a very light, almost white, green. Regardless of the exact color of the horse, it had the correct affect on John. Riding this horse is an Angel of Death and he has been given the duty of bringing a living Hell to a fourth part of the world. The time of the Day of the LORD will be a terrible time for a great number, at least 1.5 billion people.

Revelation 6:9:
    And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

I have been taught, all of my life, that these are the ones, after the Rapture, that took the LORD for their Savior and were killed for it.

Revelation 6:10:
    And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Revelation 6:11:
    And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

It appears that we should read the News more often because if we do so, to study, we find examples, even today, of great Church growth. In the 1990s there was a great persecution of Christians. Daily, hundreds of believers were savagely murdered by the Muslims from the north of Sudan. (The simmering war we are experiencing everywhere today) As these were being murdered, the Church there grew by hundreds and thousands a day. (Could this be what will happen during the Great Tribulation?)

Revelation 6:12:
    And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Revelation 6:13:
    And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Revelation 6:14:
    And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Revelation 6:15:
    And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

Revelation 6:16:
    And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Revelatio 6:17:
    For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

I am certain that I do not ever wish to live through this time, The Day of the LORD. Once there was a very large bond fire and, before it was illegal to do so. There were rubber tires thrown into the fire so that the smoke was a thick black plume. As I watched the fire consume everything I could see the Sun. It was dark red and not inviting at all.

In these last verses, before the Seventh Seal is opened, we see all the people of the Earth, the live ones, trying to hide from the Omnipotent God. The sky has rolled back as a scroll, the Stars are falling to the Earth and killing everything and people are scared to death, this is a time you do not want to be unsaved.