1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelations (on T.V.)

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Kimberly, Apr 1, 2005.

1. yabba

yabba New Member

Kimberly, I saw it the same way you did. The show was showing two different view points..strictly science vs. religion. At the beginning it basically showed what most high school, colleges, and universities are teaching. I saw it diffinitely as a set up for the scientist to search for truth.

Now here is my issue...What is their "truth" going to be? I have a feeling that it is going to be mix of Catholic dogma, Biblical scripture, and universalist beliefs but I couldn't tell from the first episode. One thing is for sure there will be questions raised and opportunities for the real TRUTH will be presented.

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Nothing more than entertainment riding on the coat tails of The Passion. At least The Passion had an air of truth to it.

3. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

I finally viewed the show last night (Sunday at 9pm on NBC). I found it entertaining in the same venue as Touched by an Angel, Joan of Arcadia, etc. It's just that, entertainment, not theology, just fiction,not fact. Take it with that perspective. Will it corrupt all the non-Christians watching? No, they're already unregenerate. Will it be a focal point to turn people's interest to spiritual things? Possibly but not probably.....but remember, it is better to light one little candle...than to curse the darkness.