1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Review And Expositor - Can you help?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Mark Osgatharp, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Mark Osgatharp

Mark Osgatharp New Member

In the early 1980s I read an article in the "Review and Expositor" - the theological journal of the Southern Baptist seminary in Louisville - about the Old Testament teaching about Christ. The artical focused on whether or not the Old Testament actually prophesied the coming of a Messiah.

I would like to have the article but do not have access to back issues of the "Review and Expositor." I wonder if anyone out there has a collection of back issues or knows where they are available. The article I'm looking for would, I think, be in an issue somewhere between spring of 1982 and summer of 1986.

Mark Osgatharp

2. Gunther

Gunther New Member

Mark, just about all material written before Mohler got there is good only for kindling.

He brought theological consistency, honesty, integrity, and all the other things the moderates and liberals lacked in their writings.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Do they have an on line site?

4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow!

You are really brainwashed!

I am astounded that you can comfortably make sweeping allegations about an alleged lack of honesty and integrity among those who preceded Mohler.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess you forgot about A.T. Robertson and some who didn't like him.

Liberals and fundamentalists lie in the same bed just on opposite ends.

Oh yes! I guess you forgot about Broadus too.

Mohler may be precise in his theology but I wouldn't call him all that accurate at times.

6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Review and Expositor does have a web site:

Review and Expositor Home Page

Some back issues are on-line, but don't go back to the 1980's. Bro. Osgatharp, I would recommend an e-mail to the editor or a secretary, giving as much information as possible. Most of these types of publications have helpful people who can usually get at least a copy of the article to you (if you can narrow it down enough for them to search for it). I got two articles on the Holiness Baptist Association of Southwestern Arkansas by writing using information you had mentioned in a post.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When I was a student at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary(1994) in Ft. Worth, Texas they had past articles in their periodicals section. You might be able to phone the library and get some help from them. They have the largest theological library in the US. Many students come from all over the world to study there. Some even come just to use the library because of its size.