1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rewards

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Not when you misrepresent my post. My reply to DHK had absolutely nothing to do with you, but you assumed it did because of your mindset -- that everyone is out to get you. I don't know, though, why you thought that of me since I had defended you before.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I understand that you do not understand. DHK said a lie about me; he also claims it about everyone. You said you agreed with him.

That was kind when you defended me before, but when you say you agree with someone who said I do not love God with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my strength and with all my mind; then I will take offense to that.

3. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Moriah, I have a simple question for you. Do you have a 100% perfect understanding, and interpretation of the Scriptures?

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Speak about the topic. I will ignore this type of questions.

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Look, try to get what I am saying, and said: Which was that I agree with his views of sin.

But since you brought it up, I don't believe any of us can love God with all our heart, soul, strength, and mind. Why? Because we are not Jesus. That is not a personal attack against you; it's what I believe about all of us and our condition in this life.

6. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

various things have been discussed on this thread which seem to ride on who has the correct view of the Scriptures. Therefore my question to you about you understanding of them.
    It is your thread so You can pick and choose who you want to speak to.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

State your beliefs on the scriptures do not turn this into a thread about what you think of me.

8. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

This is about the Scriptures, and who has the proper interpretation of them. Is it you?

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You just cannot stop yourself can you? State your beliefs on the reward or move on.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I get what you are saying. Try to get what I am saying.
    That is an attack against me, and it is an attack against all who love God the way God tells us.

11. 12strings

12strings Active Member

You believe a Christian is able to Love God with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength. Some others believe that we will never be able to perfectly obey this command until we are in heaven. There may have been other attacks I haven't read (it's a long thread), but simply stating one's different opinion on this issue IN AND OF ITSELF is not an attack on you.

12. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Thank you for stating the obvious that all can see except Moriah.

13. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

you must be afraid to state your beliefs about your accuracy at interpreting Scripture because if you aren't 100% correct then you might be wrong about the rewards and other ones and then you would be the one who has falsely been part of accusing with the accuser.

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Are you afraid to state your beliefs and prove them from the scriptures? Why do you not do it? I have stated my beliefs about rewards and have proven them from the scriptures. Calling someone an accuser is when you are in the Lord but accused of sins. Now do you understand what an accuser is?

If you believe I have believed in a false belief about rewards, then you should do your best to show me from scripture so that I might have more knowledge about it. Why are you not debating the topic?

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have accused more people on this thread than any other person, and perhaps more than all the people on this thread put together. Regarding the subject of the two great commands (which have highly offended you), take 12strings advice:
    See if you can understand that.
    Why are you attacking others instead of debating the topic. Leave people along. Debate the topic.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have a right to defend myself. DHK said to me “You…” I take it personal because it was. Again, I have the right to defend myself. Do you think it is right to come onto the thread only to speak against me for defending myself? Please tell us what you think the reward is and why.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Rewards:
    Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
    --That which you lay up in heaven through your good works. Only a saved person can do this.

Gift:
    Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    --The gift of God is eternal life.
    A gift is different than a reward. A gift one doesn't work for. A reward is rewarded to a person for the good that they have done. Salvation is a gift; it is given with no conditions attached.

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I understand that you want to go against me in this way because I go against your beliefs about what the reward is. I started this thread because you attacked Heavenly Pilgrim in another thread when you told him his beliefs about the rewards being eternal life were after the heretic Pelagius.

I have shown with scripture that the reward is eternal life. If you can show me with scripture that my beliefs about it are not correct, or are in some ways wrong, then you would have to straighten out first what you said about it being reward(s). If you can admit error in that, then maybe we can move on to other scriptures so that you could prove your belief.

Every time we debate, you usually resort to this time of tactic. You start to accuse me of all sorts of sins, then you give me warnings and points against me for defending myself, you also allow others to keep abusing. Let us all get on topic please.

State why you call it reward(s) and not reward as the Bible says. Is there another scripture that says rewards? Because you have not proved it with the ones you stated have it.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then you misunderstood what I said in that thread also. You should have started a thread on the beliefs of Pelagius.
    No you haven't. You have miserably failed. Look in the post above. I have very concisely put with Scripture how eternal life is a gift, and rewards are the good works a Christian does. I am not in error.
    The gift of God is eternal life.
    Why do you want me to deny Scripture and say that the Bible is wrong. This is what Romans 6:23 says. You need to believe the clear teaching of Scripture.
    I only gave you fractions recently because I received many complaint about you attacking others and making rude comments. That has nothing to do with your position on anything. It has to do with your Christian deportment and character. It is my belief that a person, not you or anyone else can keep the two great commands that Jesus gave. If you loved your neighbor as yourself you would do something about it. You would go to Africa or Asia and clothe the needy, feed the hungry, and give the gospel to those who have never heard it before. But you don't do that. How dare you say that you keep that command FULLY. You don't. That is an example. But you don't like it when I defend my position. That is hypocritical isn't it? Are you the only one on the board that is allowed to defend one's position. This is a debate forum. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the fire.
    And please act like a Christian.
    He that has ears, let him hear. Read the posts.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

How do you get that treasures mean rewards? I believe that treasures spoken of is the wisdom and knowledge we find by obeying Jesus’ teachings. See Colossians 2:3.
    I do not believe as you say that salvation is a gift with no conditions attached. We are to aim for perfection. We are to obey Jesus.
    As for you saying a gift is different from a reward, please note that they are synonyms. I do not believe gifts and rewards are synonyms of treasures. However, the more I carefully consider the scriptures, gift, reward, and treasures are all eternal life. I do not believe that it would be wise to separate any of these from eternal life.

These two scriptures tell us that the “inheritance” is the “reward,” and that the “eternal life” is the inheritance.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Why do you go against the scripture here that Jesus says, “inherit eternal life”? Why do you think Jesus says, “Inherit eternal life” if that is not what we inherit?

#80 Moriah, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012