1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Perry for POTUS

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rick Perry (Governor of Texas) is making overtures to running for president. Ive heard good things but never really followed the man. I also dont live in Texas so I'm not up to speed. Looks like he has a good reputation on job creation but what else should I know, goods, bads indifference.....Id like to hear it. Thanks!

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It'll be awhile before I get on that bandwagon.

I believe some of his "conservatism" is for show.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, so your telling me he isnt truly conservative in policy. But doesnt he have proven economic policies that have gotten ppl back to work?

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. He didn't put anyone "back to work" because our unemployment rate has never been a problem.

Texas is a right to work state and just has a strong and diverse economy.

What he has managed to do is run up a $20 billion deficit. And before the trans Texas corridor went on the back burner, he was on record as being in favor of contracting it out to a Mexican company. A lot of people were upset with that.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For informational purposes on the downside of Rick Perry:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/rick_perry_a_moderates_conservative.html

That's the author's opinion, but the trans Texas corridor, the mandatory STD innoculations for 6th graders, and the hate crimes legislation are all true.

And I wasn't happy about any of them.

6. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Carpro, how is Perry on pro-life issues?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty solid.

But like George Bush, don't expect a push for an amendment outlawing abortion. He'll attack abortion on fringe issues, like Bush.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0]I live in Texas and Perry is a do nothing guy except for himself. He has tried to interfere with family's by making a law where all girls have a certain cancer shot and the legislator had to override his self proclaimed law. He is the one who wanted to succeed from the union. We are the only state in the US that does not have a worker comp law. Our state is swamped with illegals and he does nothing about it except complain about the federal government instead of having enough back bone like Arizona. He lives in a lavish 10,000 dollar a month house that he charges tax payers for. He was warned about a coming money short fall several years ago and he blew off the controllers office, now we are in serious trouble. This guy is a great liar and politician, but he is a lousy leader. He just recently vetoed a bill that would have stopped people from texting while driving. The guy just does not have any common sense and he is now using the name of Christ to suck in the Christian sect. He has become a multimillionaire from his political associations. I would vote for the current president before I would vote for Perry and I would never vote for the current president.[/SIZE]

#8 freeatlast, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
  9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The answer is no. He does take the credit, but it in spite of him not because of him.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we want a genuine leader & not a political hack living off the reputation of the state. Appreciate the input:thumbsup:

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm no Perry fan, but let's at least be honest about his shortcomings.

He never advocated secession.

Texas does have a workman's Compensation law.

And there is little he can do to stop the flow of illegals. Witness the Obama administration's attacks on Arizona and anyone else that tries.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You evidently do not know anything about Texas and this means you know nothing about Perry who is a do nothing governor who constantly lies to the people.

Here is the Texas law on workers compensation. There is no law requiring it and again we are the only state without a law requiring it. I wrote Perry about this several years ago and he just pasted the buck, but what would one expect from a do nothing governor?
    http://www.workerscompensationinsurance.com/workers_compensation/texas.htm

Here is his secession speech. He does say it probable will not happen but he does suggest it might.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/15/governor-says-texans-want-secede-union-probably-wont/

Finally about the border he could have pushed for laws like Arizona, but his lack of leadership only brings complaining as he is a do nothing governor. Instead he opposed the border fence.
    http://24ahead.com/blog/archives/006987.html

Only now that he is thinking about running for President is he running his mouth about border security and doing some small measures which are doing very little. Rick Perry is a democrat in republican clothing claiming to be conservitive, but is actually very liberal.
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/3041-gov-rick-perry-conservative-when-it-counts

His actions in office prove he wants more government not less even while he claims he wants less government.
    http://www.plaintruth.com/the_plain_truth/2011/06/rick-perry-conservative-or-just-another-rhino.html

#12 freeatlast, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thank you.

You have saved me the trouble of proving my points. You have done it for me.
    Since you have been so helpful, I'll post them again.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

And why would it be expected you start believing the truth now? :BangHead:

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Out of pity, I'll give you just one example of a lie you proved you told.

You said Texas does not have a workers compensation law, then you posted a link to it.

Texas has a worker's compensation law, just as you illustrated.

You just don't like it.

Your other statements are more if the same. I don't believe you are lying by intent, but out of ignorance. The problem is that your ignorance becomes so entrenched, you can't seem to read the words in front of your face...so you tell it wrong.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I assume you cannot read.
    Is Worker's Compensation Compulsory? No

That means there is no law requiring workers comp! I am speaking about the privae sector not the government sector.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

14 Reasons Why Rick Perry Would Be A Really, Really Bad President

Supporters of Texas Governor Rick Perry are not going to like this article at all. Right now, Republicans all over the United States are touting Rick Perry as the "Republican messiah" that is going to come charging in to save America from the presidency of Barack Obama. Many believe that if Rick Perry enters the race, he will instantly become the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012. Perry certainly looks the part and he knows how to give a good speech, but when ordinary Americans all over the country take a hard look at his record, they may not like what they see. The truth is that Rick Perry is a big-time globalist, he has raised taxes and fees in Texas numerous times, he has massively increased the size of government spending and government debt in Texas, he has been trying to ram the Trans-Texas Corridor down the throats of the Texas people and he tried to force young women all over Texas to be injected with the Gardasil vaccine. No, Rick Perry is not going to save America. In fact, he would likely be very, very similar to both Bush and Obama in a lot of ways.

Right now, Rick Perry is trying to portray himself as a "good conservative" so that if he enters the race he will be accepted by Christian conservatives. If Rick Perry did win the Republican nomination, he would have a great chance of winning the general election because he would very much be an "establishment" candidate.

But before Republicans get too excited about Rick Perry, there are a whole lot of things that they should know about him.

The following are 14 reasons why Rick Perry would be a really, really bad president....

CONTINUE . . .

18. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I live in Texas and shudder to think of Rick Perry as President.

I would love to see Herman Cain get more attention.

19. billwald

billwald New Member

> I assume you cannot read.

Baptists only know how to read the KJV. <G>

>Is Worker's Compensation Compulsory? No

>That means there is no law requiring workers comp! I am
    speaking about the privae sector not the government sector.

Our masters keep their police and fire well paid because they think it will keep the police on their side when the revolution comes. The new Wisconsin law is an example of exempting the police and fire while screwing the working class. Nero set the example by having his special palace guards.

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

We've already got one pseudocon from Texas in the race (Paul) and we had 8 years of a pseudocon from Texas in the White House.

I think I'll pass.