1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Warren and Barack Obama

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by deacon jd, Nov 22, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If I did that, you would be considered a "wolf" for your unwarranted attacks against RW. We all do not agree 100% theologically, but to call him a false teacher is an ignorant statement, and blatantly false. It has not been shown here on the BB that what RW teaches is biblical "garbage", at least when his comments are taken in context with what he is trying to say. Anybody can pull out a random sentence out of context to claim "false teaching".

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

We don't have to wonder how many are won to Christ and how many are scared away by the yellers. I remember listening one time until a yeller came along then I left.

The country is becoming more and more polarized. The Christians are becoming more and more polarized. I attribute that to a lack of serious application and approaching Christianity as either intellectual ascent or just thinking if they pray hard anough and shout long enough that someohow someone will turn around and follow Jesus just by their shouting.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's just wrong man. I mean be angry that he's successful and is making a world wide impact with people who are influencers and policy makers...but don't call the man's ministry into question with some flagrant ad hominem. Just b/c he has a different approach doesn't mean he's a false teacher.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is still public. Also, this term is carried beyond our boards. How many people lurk here and pick up the arrogant rhetoric extolled here and use in their daily conversation.

Besides, we're Christian...we're better than that

I'll go ahead and suggest the rhetoric of "baby killer" is one that the majority of pro-lifers will use if it comes down to it. It is an epitaph lacking an Christianly discretion and grace. Should we oppose abortion? Certainly. Can we do it better than yelling, screaming, making a scene and berating people? We must. Change the world by changing your neighbor's life and then the next. Demonstrations never accomplish anything.

As Christians we are called to do something better than hurl insults and call crass names. We are just better than that.

5. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Sounds like an unequal yoke to me. The Bible does not say "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers unless it is for a good cause" (Obama's views shows bad fruit, no matter what he may claim to believe).