1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Warren and the Ecumenical Movement

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are not supposed to be in the world but not of the world. How do we reach Muslims for Christ if we cut off relationships. Did Jesus eat with sinners or advocate isolationism.

Only by sharing light with those in darkness can be carry the gospel to the ends of the earth.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I dont understand it either.

I dont in the least question his salvation or his sincerity, or his faith in Christ.

He just seems obsessed with accepting what God clearly says we should NOT accept.

Its just weird.

#23 Alive in Christ, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012
  4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not an exact quote, but the gist nonetheless.

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Policy isn't the right word, but I think I get what you're saying, maybe, but not really

Freedom of religion is in the constitution. Muslims may have a "policy" (again not sure if that's the right word) of oppressing religious dissent, though there are certainly Muslims that would embrace as strongly as me the freedom of the individual to worship as he or she sees fit.

I would oppose anyone, Baptist or Muslim, if they wanted to dictate how someone should worship.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Who said anything about cutting off relations with Muslims? The primary purpose of being in relationships with unbelievers is to witness Christ to them just as Christ witnessed Himself to the sinners with whom He ate.

The relationship IS NOT to forge some sort of ecumenical understanding for religious freedoms.

SO we need to stop wasting time on the stuff God ain't told us to do, and do what He HAS commanded us to do.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to put too fine a point on it Zaac, but an ecumenical meeting is for the purpose of establishing relations. I do not know what kind of missionary training you have had, but establishing relations based on common values is a well know method of "overcoming the gates of Hades." Think of Paul incorporating the "unknown God" in his sermon. You find some common ground as an entry point for the gospel of Christ.

#27 Van, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
  8. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

Paul?

Who is Paul? He isn't a Baptist, he can't post on this forum.

:)

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know may folks think of Paul as the prototype missionary, but us back seat Baptists quietly speak of him as the prototype Baptist missionary. :)

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that it is ok to keep open dialog with other religious grouops, but NOT tothe point where Chriostians either accept them as being saved, or else as worshipping same God!

here in Detroit, bad example of this, as Muslims/jews/Christians come together, and the distinctions blurred, and almost like one big quasi religious group, with "same God"