1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Warren gushes over Catholics

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Apr 18, 2014.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVCY8pW-ACs

Rick Warren is at it again. Is he a genuine believer or a compromiser at any cost? He calls the Pope, "Our Pope", he praises Catholics coming home to their faith, he accepts a large congregation of Vatican delegates to come to Saddleback, watches EWTN more than any other channel...WHAT? He likes to read the Catholic Mystics and even his Spiritual Minister at Saddleback learns much from these Catholic writings.

It all sounds very nice to any unsuspecting Christian, but to anyone that discerns the truth of the gospel, it is obvious he is wandering off the narrow path of true Christianity. How can Warren gloat over Catholics coming home when they are a false religion? Might as well snuggle up to the Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses. He is not a true Christian if he, a man of his power and influence can go on National TV and more or less say Catholicism is OK. Just another flavor of Christianity. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't have the same opinion as you on this.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm not saying all in Catholicism are lost, but it is a false religion. Do you agree?

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why can't we disagree without accusing of wondering of the path. Its just not necessary

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder what his views are on homosexuality.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because endorsing Roman Catholism as a ligitimate (sic) form of Christianity is a corruption of Christianity ....and he knows it. And so do you.

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know for sure as only God knows his heart but first glance would mean Rick Warren = False Convert. But as I said only God knows.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

There are a great number of people on this board quick to judge the walk, the talk, the ministry and the acts of others. I wonder how well they would stand up to a microscopic investigation of their own spiritual lives? There are a lot of subjects broached on this board by all of us that are called into question by others. The debates here get ugly.

And we're going to now step outside the board and criticize Rick Warren when we can't even agree to what "proper Christian doctrine" is among ourselves? :rolleyes:

Has anyone bothered to find out what is behind Warren's statements regarding the "Catholics Come Home" evangelism project? Or are they just backing into a corner, holding up an empty cross and praying for deliverance from the liturgical church?

#9 thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What blows my mind is that if he were gushing over Jews, Rabbis, or synagogues, 'you people' would not have a single complaint to say about it.

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Re: bolded blue: fact is, if you read Catholic writers who do not gush about Mary and the 'saints', you might learn a lot from them. after all, it took them (if they were priests) years of philosophical studies before they were 'robed'.
    I am Primitive Baptist, but just listening to the likes of Sproul, both the sr and the jr., JMac, Piper, the late Dr. McGee, DJeremiah, James Kennedy, and even Charles Stanley, I learn SOME things which I have forgotten or are entirely new.

Re: bolded dark red. well, the truth of the gospel is that it is good news of a FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED, ETERNAL salvation for ALL for whom that salvation is meant. The big majority on this board kick and scream at the idea that they are too late to get people saved for eternity. As for the gospel itself, it is "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried , and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" 1 Cor 15:3-4.
    So, taking this board as an example, it IS possible to KNOW the gospel but take away from its truth as a whole: that the acts of God in Christ were meant for His people, and they only.

Re: bolded, green. And on whose and what authority do you judge whether Warren or anyone else, for that matter, is a TRUE Christian ? Were you there when the names of the true Christians were written in God's Book of Life ?

just saying.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure I would......however I know the subtle maneuvering of the RCC first hand & could point them out to anyone. Wanting to gush over Jews & their thing is just as misguided. Now before I am called a hater & a racist, most of my mothers side is still very much RCC & my best friend is the Rabbi for a big town in Northern NJ. And I love them all, but I can disagree with them as well & have on occasion.

13. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I would be willing to go out on a limb here and suggest if their "thoughts" were made public, they would at the very least blush.

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol, unless you're dispy 'you people' didn't include you...

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and I would once again ask people to observe which side of the Calvinist vs. Free Will side these quick to judgment people fall on.

16. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When you see someone attack another person again and again it is evidence of sin in the life of the attacker.

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another anti-Semitic post I see

18. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree with Catholic teaching in some areas, but the Gospel is still there to be heard and preached, so no.

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well this is enough about Warren for me!

If Warren believes that Muslims worship the same God as Christians I must say he knows little about the God of the Bible. Muslims do not worship the same God as Christians, they worship a false god. I realize they claim to be an Abrahamic religion but that is totally false. The Christian Faith alone can claim to have ties to Abraham and that is only because of the following:

Galatians 3:16, 26-29
    16. Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
    26. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
    27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    29. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

In His conversation with the Samaritan woman Jesus Christ tells us:

John 4:20-23
    20. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
    21. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
    22. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
    23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
    24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Only Christians can truly worship God! Jesus Christ is the one mediator between God and man and He does not mediate for followers of Mohammed!

Proverbs 15:8. The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

#19 OldRegular, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another knee jerk smear I see.