1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Warren & Muslims???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

#201 gb93433, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Webdog,

I believe you couldn't be further from the truth. By your statement we are to remain silent when we see someone headed towards error. If the Apsotle Paul took your advice we wouldn't have half of the New Testament. And what is this Merry Men comment, you really sound like you have an anger problem.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No anger, just thought the comment was fitting. Recall Robin Hood and his men thinking they were doing good, too :)

If you can show where I even hinted at the notion we should ignore error, I'll give you a cigar (per your profile pic). The fact I called you out along with the other false witness bearers on this thread and the other slander Rick thread proves I cut off error at the pass.

#204 webdog, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
  5. SolaSaint

I'm sorry webdog, I thought I read you stating no one was to pick up stones at all. Although I don't pick up stones, that is your words about me. Criticism can be constructive. In this case it was from what appeared to be a credible source.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Dog...

...I know you are only doing what you see as right....,please accept, and allow the same for those of us who feel as we have stated. I still love RW; I just wouldn't sit under his teaching, and I'd not be afraid to share my concerns with others, in an unbiased manner. People need to make up their own minds, and like you, some of us don't believe as you.

That doesn't make us bad, nor does it make you bad. It makes us opinionated, and only God can change that opinion, when we get to heaven.

You are not going to change our minds, nor are we going to change yours. Let's leave it lay there and move on!

I agree that we need to befriend all, even those who hate us, but I would never be seen preaching from their pulpit (that is where I dust off the sand from my sandals and move on down the road), and sharing in their religious activities.

Playing baseball or soccer against them is one thing. Sitting down and sharing in a religious meal with the semblance of fellow shipping with them, is another! And I just wouldn't be doing that, any more than I'd be sitting through a Catholic mass. The only time I may sit through a Catholic mass is for a family funeral. I'd never attend a Mormon service either, but I have Catholic and Mormon friends. :wavey:

7. SolaSaint

Amen Dude, couldn't have said it better. Good words for all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.