1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Warren Promotes Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rufus_1611, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Webdog is trying to be flippant of course but he's actually on to something. In my experience it's the KJVO crowd that is opposed to witchcraft and the evangelical, new evangelical, emergent, new age Church that seems to embrace it and those folks don't like our Bible either.

2. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Bravo Bravo, amen amen, and well said to boot.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Heaven help us to know the difference between a church and a crowd! Dr. David Allen

4. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

He is very effective, I will admit that. Just not at spreading the Gospel.

5. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

very true. and we know. those who stand for nothing will doubtless fall for anything!

6. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I thought you were planning on ignoring me and you said "I am a troll, that won't be around long", please keep your word and ignore me. Thanks

7. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

these have been updated in the last three or four months. I haven't been back to his website in a while and when I read their Statement of Faith it was different wording and a lot of words were left out that must have been recently added.

But according to what I posted earlier, I stand corrected, about their beliefs I stand corrected, well, until further notice of course.

8. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

One more thing, go to his website www.falseprophet.com, oops, I meant www.rickwarren.com, and read what he is "About". He isn't about God, he is about god, himself. His accomplishments, his achievements, his goals, and what he has done.

I also like this:

Why not turn to God, why not meet regularly to discuss the Bible? He doesn't promote the word of God, he promotes his books, what he has to say.

#48 ShotGunWillie, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  9. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

more information can be found on the Church Growth Movement at www.swrc.com

#49 ShotGunWillie, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  10. dan e.

dan e. New Member

There's so much to reply in this thread....I think I'll do a little at a time...

11. dan e.

dan e. New Member

A horrible, un-Christlike thing to say. Rick Warren is not your enemy. I sure hope you aren't in the ministry.

12. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Another statement showing your level of maturity...please tell me you are not anyone's pastor?!

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm not KJVO, oppose witchcraft and love the KJV. Your brush is too broad.

14. dan e.

dan e. New Member

So now you are doubting someone's faith in Jesus....in the most respectful way, I might add.

Again....I'm sincerely beginning to pray for anyone you come in contact with. You are good at name-calling. So was I when I was 8.

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I don't see anything wrong with looking to a pastor for spiritual guidance, that is why God gives us pastors. But is he giving them the guidance that God would have His pastors giving? Is Rick Warren exhorting his flock to holiness, or is he just interested in getting as many seats filled as possible?

16. dan e.

dan e. New Member

That's a bold statement to make since you don't even know the man. Are you sure you think you know that much about him? I doubt it. You talk to much about one person. You should probably take a deep breath and get over the fact that you don't like that Rick Warren is reaching people who wouldn't come within a football field away from people like you. I wonder why? You might start picking them apart too!

17. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Again...why does everyone feel like other PEOPLE are the enemy?? Have you heard of Satan, and spiritual forces? Or do you just condemn everyone to hell without caring for them.

I'll ask you the same question: You're not in the ministry, are you? God help us.

18. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I'm not saying it's absolute and it's Webdog's brush. He painted KJVO into this thread, I was agreeing that there might be something to it.

19. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Oh that's convenient. It's been updated from the claims you make.

20. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I've heard of Satan and I suspect Rowling works for him as she's engaging in works that are pro-Satan and anti-Christ. So I've got brothers in Christ that will stand with me in opposition of the works of Satan, praise God! Then there's folks that should be on my side because they say they are pro-Christ but they're taking the side of Satan/Rowling. I find this to be rather curious. Thus, if I'm going to rebuke those that are promoting these works of Satan, then Rick Warren and James Emery White seem to fall into this category.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.