1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Warren Promotes Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rufus_1611, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I have not called anyone names and I've never suggested name calling is a ministry. However, witchcraft is a sin, and those that support and encourage sin are not right with God.

Yes. Clearly I would beat them with my Bible.

"Witch, take that (body blow with the book), take that (upper cut with the book) take that (piledrive with the book)."​

What kind of question is that? :confused:
    Bring me to tears? Just about the last thing I'm going to do is start crying with a witch in front of me. Where's the verse that says when a witch is in front of you start bawling like a woman? This is a war man, not an episode of Oprah.

Questions in this post create more questions.

#81 Rufus_1611, Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  2. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Since when is quoting scripture immature? Chapter and verse please?

I will badmouth and joe schmoe is a disgrace to God and the ministry, anyday, anytime, as oft as I can get.

Rick Warren personification as a sheep? **edit**I don't know if I like Slick or not, never met. I am aching to slam false prophets and con-men.

You should really stop being so judgmental about me being judgmental. And stop making fun of me for making fun of others. and stop calling me names for calling other people names.

#82 Bro. Williams, Jul 24, 2007
  3. dan e.

dan e. New Member

#83 dan e., Jul 24, 2007
  4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I just read this myself on the Pastors.com website...thanks for point this out.

5. dan e.

dan e. New Member

That was a pretty funny answer. I guess I didn't make my point clear enough.

DO YOU CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE LOST OR ARE YOU TOO EAGER TO PILEDRIVE THEM ON YOUR BIBLE.

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Do you believe Rick Warren to be lost? That might explain why he likes Harry Potter, but he seems to believe in Jesus Christ, so I suspect there is something else at work.

7. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Yes, I care about them. If I didn't, I wouldn't be in the game. I could kick back say, glad I'm saved and watch the world go to Hell or I could encourage it the way certain "pastors" are.

#87 Rufus_1611, Jul 24, 2007
  8. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Christ is the word. John 1. You should read your Bible more, [insult removed].

"quit telling people to read their Bibles".

Wow. from a [questioning another poster's salvation is not allowed]. That is some great advice to all.

#88 Bro. Williams, Jul 24, 2007
  9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What are you talking about?!?

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I reported your post for violating the BB rule of questioning the salvation of other members.

I also asked you not to call me son. I'm not your son, and you are not my father.

You also attributed a quote to me that I never stated. Retract it.

#90 webdog, Jul 24, 2007
  11. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Interesting, as a graduate of the Billy Graham School of Missions, Evangelism and Church Growth (oops...Billy Graham, an "anti-Christ" to those frozen chosen who are right while all others are wrong) at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary; none of my education in the Church Growth Movement matches what this website says.
    In fact, the foundation of my education was that growing churches are healthy churches and they view evangelism as the number one priority of the church and it is something that doesn't end in the baptism waters (like you see in too many churches) but continues on as the convert becomes a disciple who is helping to multiply new believers in the local body.

12. dan e.

dan e. New Member

And that brings me to my point of how believers should handle the way they are with each other. I don't think any of us know Rick Warren enough to question his salvation, or to start throwing rocks at him the way it has been done here.

If those that believe he is headed straight to hell are so concerned, what do you think the kind of bashing done here will accomplish?

13. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Seems to me if a person were worried about someone's salvation they would spend more time on their knees on that person's behalf and less time on their soap box flinging rocks at the other person.
    And the bashing is accomplishing nothing more than 10 pages of ongoing debate.

14. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

You know, I can't seem to get ahold of the guy... too important and big for me I guess...

You see, I take the Bible's advice.

Romans 16:17-18 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

No, this is not a game. the game forum is elsewhere. deceivers and their doctrines are not games.

[/QUOTE]I hope I've never laughed at a situation where I think someone is lost and leading others astray. If you honestly thought that...why are you not doing more than throw stones?[/QUOTE]

Ahh, you probably have. I am doing more than throwing stones, what are YOU doing other than throwing stones at us?

15. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

As his book so eloquently states, it's not about him. I don't know about his salvation, I'm just talking about one of his fruits. This is a heads up to anyone willing to read, that we have pastors who are brutish and leading sheep to an abyss because they have no reverence whatsoever to The Holy Bible when it comes to the topic of witchcraft and are promoting, a work of the flesh.

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king." - 1 Samuel 15:23

"And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger." - 2 Chronicles 33:6

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies," - Galatians 5:19-20

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You could always use Jesus' approach (from your church's website)

**Pic exceeds maximum allowable by BB rules**

I'm sure glad the guy is at least smiling :laugh:

Awfully "Phelpsish" to me...

#96 webdog, Jul 24, 2007
  17. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I can understand why Warren or one of his folks recommended the latest Harry Potter book. It was very well written,Potter comes to understand what sacrifice is. It is not a book about the occult or satanism. It is a fantasy book with a good moral story. There is no sex, and I think there are two four letter words in the entire book - they are very minor words.

Warren and his church - and I suspect many of the folks in your own churches will be reading this book and watching the movies. the difference between you all and Warren is that he will be able to talk to the folks in his congegation and help them with difficult issues, all most of you will be able to do is to question thier salvation (if you treat them as you do Warren)

Please feel free to question my salvation - but be assured that it is between my Lord and Savior and me.

by the way - it is a Great book and a fun read, I recommend it highly!

18. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

and i wasn't even trying to!

I probably could... but you need a little backbone.

reflecting... you are right. I will be more to the point now. thanks

19. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

You got that from me quoting scripture. You are a bit too far out in right field for me. **Insult removed**

#99 Bro. Williams, Jul 24, 2007
  20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I got that from observing your posts.

This is the third time I've asked you not to call me son. Do you think it's not sin to continue to offend a brother in Christ?

I wouldn't be so quick to talk about being in "right field". Anyone holding to a KJVO stance and attends a Westboro type church has no room to talk.

#100 webdog, Jul 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.