1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rider on the White Horse

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Bro. Williams, Aug 14, 2007.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Well, no. The "rod of iron" rule begins in the trib when Jesus uses Satan as His "rod." We will be in heaven then helping administer that phase (as we ARE Christ, the "manchild" taken up there). Then Rev 19:11-14 show us coming back with/as Christ -- His "wife," Rev 19:7 -- to "rule" the MK with Him (probably in charge of the heavenlies, John 1:51).

There is a suggestion, actually, that the complete "manchild" includes the 2 witnesses who are "raptured" at midtrib leaving only 1260 days left. To me, that's a kind of proof that trib believers aren't "resurrected"/"born again" in the trib -- these 2 are raptured because they were resurrected by the Spirit and then raptured whereas no one else in the trib is raptured with them.

Do you see Satan and sin overcome? Only in the "spiritual kingdom," Bob. This is only PARTIAL fulfillment just like Pentecost was only partial fulfillment of the true, future Pentecost of Israel, Joel 2.

Dan 12:1, 4 -- "And at that time shall Michael stand up ... and there shall be a time of trouble such as never was ... and that time shall THY [Daniel's] people be delivered... even to the time of the end..."

Rev 12:7 -- "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon;..." There's your "timeline, Bob. The "time of trouble"/GT -- Daniel's people/"remnant" delivered -- "time of the end."

It is precisely because it is IN us the it is not WITH us. The kingdom WAS with us when Jesus came. That is what scripture means when it says "the kingdom is at hand." The kingdom of God is where God is -- God the Holy Spirit IN us, God the Father and Son IN heaven.

I believe our souls have already been 'delivered' to the very throne of Jesus in heaven right now -- "and seated us in heavenly places in Christ Jesus." I believe that as much as we live under Christ's authority, He guards us from the evil one here. But imagine the difference between that and the 12 or 70 who went out on Jesus authority. He took care of them physically and they actually healed the sick and cast out demons within Him physical "kingdom!"

It's you implication (unless I am reading you wrong), though, when you miscalculate the times we are living in. These things that you say are true now will NOT obtain until Christ's return or just before it. For instance, in the MK, ALL saints will have been resurrected to sinless, Satan resistant bodies of either "celestial" (church) or "terrestrial" (Israel) glory. The spiritual and physical promises will hold true whereas now neither is completely true.

skypair

#61 skypair, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

In my life, yes. I am sure you believe you have been delivered from a dead state unto a lively hope in Jesus Christ?

This is the birth of our Lord being born in the household of David.

His people has already been delivered out of the jaws of Satan and even unto the end. (There is your time line )

You need to combine these skypair.

I believe the MK to be Spiritual also, as was the belief for 1600 years before John Darby and some others came along in the 18th Century.