1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Rights" From the NT

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Hardsheller, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

The subject almost invariably comes up in the context of Baptist Church Polity - "What are my RIGHTS in a Baptist Church?"

As far as Rights go - "What are the RIGHTS that God gives me as a Person and a Christian?"

Can somebody separate God-Given Rights from Man-Given Rights for me in a List?

2. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

I'm still waiting! :confused:

3. IfbReformer

IfbReformer New Member

Well I will take a crack at this:

I think we have the God-given right to obey God's commands even when they conflict with mans.

I think we have the God-given right to defend our family(this would include from tyranical goverments).

I think we have the God-given right(and really responsiblity) to provide for our families well being(spiritually, emotionally and financially).

I think we have the God-given right to set biblical standards in our own homes.

I think Pastors have God-given rights to set standards in churches and enforce the Bible within the confines of the organized church.(I do not think this overrides or intrudes though on the sanctity of the family or home rule).

In a Baptist Church our rights beyond those I have mentioned are determined by first by the Bible, but really then by our understanding and application of the Bible as a congregation.

Well thats my two cents...

IFBReformer

4. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Are those "Rights" or "Responsibilities"

I think they are Responsibilities.