1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Parker Dies

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Timsings, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that most of the threads here deal with Christian books. However, I suspect that many here also real other things for leisure reading. I have been an avid reader of the Spenser novels since I discovered Robert Parker because of the Spenser: For Hire TV series in the 80's. Parker died on Tuesday working at his writing desk: article. He was also the author of the Jesse Stone novels, several of which have been made into TV movies starring Tom Selleck. In addition, he also authored another series about a female private investigator in Boston and several western novels. He has several novels still in the publication process, so new books will be coming out for the next few years.

Tim Reynolds

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Sorry to hear that Parker died. I've spend many an hour reading and enjoying his work.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I've listened to several of his books on tape and seen some of the movies. He was a really good writer. I'm sad he's gone; I was hoping he would keep churning out books for a long time to come!