1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Schuller – the Humpty Dumpty of Evangelicalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might recall that, when Alice was conversing with Humpty Dumpty, she rebuked him for misusing words. Humpty replied, “When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean – neither more nor less.” Alice protested, asking if he could really make words mean different things, to which Humpty answered, “The question is, which is to be the master – that is all.”

http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.com/article.php/3138/Gary_Gilley

2. Beth

Beth New Member

wow

HTML:
    I met once with the Grand Mufti [a Muslim], truly one of the great Christ-honoring leaders of faith.  He agreed to come and be my guest … during our holy time of worship in our holy gathering place – the Crystal Cathedral…  I’m dreaming a bold impossible dream; that positive-thinking believers in God will rise above the illusions that our sectarian religions have imposed on the world, and that leaders of the major faiths will rise above doctrinal idiosyncrasies, choosing not to focus on disagreements, but rather to transcend divisive dogmas to work together to bring peace and prosperity and hope to the world[3] (emphasis mine).
    This just says it all.

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

revmitchell,

That would explain a lot of theologies. The problem is explained to Timothy in 2Tim 2:14 -- "...charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers."

Dr Rogers used to say, "Satan doesn't care if you defend the Bible as long as you use his dictionary..

Yeah, we have a lot of "talking past" each other because we have "theologically nuanced" definitions of some pretty common terms!

skypair

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Schuler has always appeared to me as a "soothsayer" and not much of a preacher of Righteousness. He has been the sort of ecumentalist and even a humanist in some things he says, but that's exactly what the perilous times we live in makes people "want" in contradiction to what they NEED!:jesus:

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Schuller has always been a false teacher, feel good about yourself and skip the gospel. Not that I object to feeling good or anything as long as it isn't whats preached instead of the gospel, and feeling good doesn't be come a god.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

It has become the god of many today, regardless of the word of God in contrast.

Schuller has just been one of its agents duped into that belief system.

And so many still wonder why we "old fashioned/KJVO fundamentalists" still exist!

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C'mon, Rev, he's just infusing grace into his preaching . . . :tonofbricks:

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Hence, I am unveiling a new phrase:

"James Brown Theology."

[​IMG]