1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robinson/Pierpont Byzantine Greek New Testament

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, May 8, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Can anybody give me the background behind this text? I found it along with Scrivener's TR on e-sword.net. It is a free download, but I have never heard of this particular text.

Is it a TR, or another?

Another question:

I think I asked this once before, but don't remember the answer. I also have an interlinear that is supposedly a TR.

The introduction says: "The Greek text in the NT is the Received Text and was set by Stephen Austin and Sons for the Trinitarin Bible Society in 1976. It is based on the New Testment in Original Greek According to the Text Followed in the Authorized Version, edited by F. H. A. Scrivener and published in 1894-1902."

Is this truly a Scrivener TR? If not are there many variations?

2. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

It is a Majority Text which purports to be more accurate than the Majority Text by Hodges and Farstad. Robinson and Pierpont were the premiere scholars of the SBC in the area of manuscript evidence. Pierpont passed away a couple of years ago.

Your Greek NT is Scriveners 1894 TR. That is the official Greek NT text of the TBS.