1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockbridge as a seminary ...

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by El_Guero, Sep 29, 2005.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

What do ya'll think about Rockbridge?

web page

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi.

They are a very young school.

Note:

However they are honest about the problems of their accreditation status:

That is unusual, sad to say, and it is a good sign.

Martin.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I assume it is linked to the SBC in some way because they advertise Lifeway.

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The President of the School is Daryl Eldridge, he is the former dean of the school of educational ministries at SWBTS. Dr Eldridge is a great person and a strong, conservative Christian. He is also very forward thinking and forward looking - always one of the first to embrace new technology. I believe that Lifeway is looking at Rockbridge to develop an online seminary program for them. The current SB seminaries have too many $$ invested in brick and mortar. It will be interesting to see what develops up there. I believe that Dr Eldridge is also a close friend of Rick Warren, and that Warren may begin to funnel students to Rockbridge.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I did not realize the Eldridge connection. Dr. Sam Simmons was close to Warren as well.

Lifeway would be an interesting connection.