1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rockytopva at 3 Million

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand that Christianity is spreading in China much like it did in the Early Church. May God bless your outreach and I pray that it brings countless souls to repentance and placing their faith and trust in the Blood of Jesus.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    R. W. Schambach was a bigger quack than Donald Duck. He came along by being paetnered with A. A. Allen, a sham "faith healer" who died of ACUTE ALCOHOL POISONING after a drinking binge. Schambach preached 1997 was the year of Jubilee & then preached 1998 was! He was a con artist, used (& paid well) to raise $$ for CBN & TBN. by "love gifts" While practicing some "faith healing" shams himself, he had a quadruple bypass surgery & later. died of a heart attack. he was part of the "word/faith" charismatic pentecostal gang.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LONDON
    September 20, 1788

My Dear Brother:

There is, indeed, a wide difference between the relation wherein you stand to the Americans and the relation wherein I stand to all the Methodists. You are the elder brother of the American Methodists: I am under God the father of the whole family. Therefore I naturally care for you all in a manner no other persons can do. Therefore I in a measure provide for you all; for the supplies which Dr. Coke provides for you, he could not provide were it not for me, were it not that I not only permit him to collect but also support him in so doing.

But in one point, my dear brother, I am a little afraid both the Doctor and you differ from me. I study to be little: you study to be great. I creep; you strut along. I found a school: you a college! [Cokesbury College] nay, and call it after your own names! 0 beware, do not seek to be something! Let me be nothing, and "Christ be all in all!"

One instance of this, of your greatness, has given me great concern. How can you, how dare you suffer yourself to be called Bishop? I shudder, I start at the very thought! Men may call me a knave or a fool, a rascal, a scoundrel, and I am content; but they shall never by my consent call me Bishop! For my sake, for God's sake, for Christ's sake put a full end to this! Let the Presbyterians do what they please, but let the Methodists know their calling better.

Thus, my dear Franky, I have told you all that is in my heart. And let this, when I am no more seen, bear witness how sincerely I am Your affectionate friend and brother,

John Wesley

Call me also a knave, fool, rascal, scoundrel, even a quack as you say. And I am content. I miss the old WW2 generation of Saint, evangelist, I used to love the inner city revivals and tuned in all the time.

4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not fall back to a past where we forget the evil and imagine the good. God has placed us in this very hour to accomplish the good works which God has ordained us to do.
    Let God be true and every man a liar. Rocky, God speaks in His word. Remain there and God will speak truth to you. Go to other teachers and you will be exposed to the corruption of a sinner.

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not gonna call you anything but deceived if you believe the hooey of those "faith healers" & their hired actors/actresses, or any of the rest of that pentecostal jive. It's all phony as a Chevy F-150. Schambach was a disciple of the charlatan A. A. Allen, simple as that.

6. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I bet you get a warning

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If i do, I do. What I posted is true & has been proven.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I wish I would have taped more of the testimonies. Here is a short two minute testimony…

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was a good fund-raiser for the Crouches-a little Benny Hinn.

10. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you make of the scripture…
    17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. - Mark 16

13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
    14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
    15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. - James 5

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first passage in Mark 16 wasn't written by Mark. It is not found in the earliest transcripts and therefore is something on which I would never base my theology.

The second passage in James 5 tells us to have the elders pray for and anoint the sick with oil. The prayer can save the sick, meaning it points them toward faith that their home is in heaven, not on earth. We are exiles here. It is less important the nember of days we live on this earth and more important regarding how we live those days.
    Stop looking for physical healing in this corrupt world and start realizing our home is in heaven.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said “a wicked and adulterous generation sells after signs”. Matt 16:4

13. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why the extremes? Turning it into a "racket" is one thing, but living of the gospel, as God ordained, is another.

14. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe the congregations of Christianity as seven….

1. Ephesus - Messianic
    2. Smyrna - Martyr
    3. Pergamos - Orthodox
    4. Thyatira - Catholic
    5. Sardis - Protestant
    6. Philadelphia - Methodist
    7. Laodicean - Independent

Methodist -> Holiness -> Pentecostal Holiness

Assembly of God and Pentecostal Holiness were sister denominations. RW Schambach was Assembly of God. It is said of the Philadelphian church, “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out.”- Revelation 4:12

Which is very annoying in that they are not always in revival. It has been a long time since I have been in a good revival. The Pentecostal Holiness arose from the Methodist church of the 1800's and the methods of service were exactly like the Methodist of that time. It would be nice to go back in time and sit with the old timers at the Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness church. Old Evans Linkous used to sit on the front pew and weep like a baby. And if he looked back to catch the amazed look in my eye he would weep, "The Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost!" And point to all the souls blessed around the altar. To the old timers the religion was accompanied with a, "Joy Unspeakable and Full of Glory!" You can hear Dallas shouting in the background in the video below. Dallas, Evans, and the singer, Preacher Vaught, have all moved on to Glory.
    [​IMG]

There was also a spirit here in Virginia like in the old Walton reruns, in which my family would all "good night" us as we were all put to bed. The revival type atmosphere died away with the old World War II generation. The old WW2 generation used to encourage me to stay in revival.The last words I can remember Dallas saying to me was, "There are no more revivals."

15. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    rocky, what you believe is a scheme of men who mishandled the word of God to create something foreign to the gospel. Please, stop following these men and start reading your Bible with no human influence to tell you what to think. Let God alone show you how to observe, question, interpret and apply. If we all fail to do these things, we all become disciples of a corrupt human rather than be disciples of Jesus Christ alone.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those signs have greatly decreased as the Gospel is pretty well-known, if not followed, worldwide. Obviously, the Lord does NOT save everyone who's sick, despite fervent prayers. Just 2 weex ago, I lost a friend to covid who was earnestly prayed for. And laying on of hands is still practiced by many denoms.

17. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So… What denomination? My sisters family goes to iphc.org (Home - International Pentecostal Holiness Church (IPHC)) which is Pentecostal Holiness. My niece went to Liberty University in Lynchburg. Though hating the problems Jerry Falwell Jr gotten into her time there it was basically a good school. The pastor of my church got his Masters degree from Liberty University. It appears Liberty University is our university of choice here among the many Pentecostal Holiness here in Southwest Va. And I have heard people declare themselves “Pente-Baptist” a time ot two.

18. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was brought up Baptist and renewed Pentecostal Holiness. I have experienced the clean effects of sanctification in both movements. The thing I hate about The Pentecostal Holiness is that they did not keep the revival going.

19. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    rocky, here you show how difficult it is for you to observe God's word and receive it apart from some other source.

You immediately fall upon denominationalism as your frame of reference. It has become your bad habit to turn to others to build your theology while failing to turn to God in His Word and observe what God is telling you.
    Open God's Word and read it.

20. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I would not try that if I were you

by that I mean picking up poisonous snake or drink something deadly like strychnine or battery acid

#40 Marooncat79, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021