1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roland Burris Should Resign

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Feb 17, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The only good thing we can say about Senator Roland Burris, he paid his taxes (we think). Other than that this guy keeps digging himself in a deep, deep hole and will go down with the xGov if he doesn't start telling the truth.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/vox_pop/2009/02/roland-burris-resign.html

So version 4 of the story is the only reason he didn't raise any money for the Gov is because he couldn't find anyone willing to donate. If that's version 4, I sure hope there is no 5 or 6...

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

agreed. He's a crook, and needs to go.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What happens if he goes? Do they hold a special election or does the new Gov get to appoint? I can't find that answer anywhere...

4. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

As far as standards go I really don't see a problem, burris is at least as honest as the last guy that had his job.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Am I missing something? He offered to hold a fundraiser? That's enough to get this guy punted?

If we applied this kind of scrutiny to all 100 senators, would any of them be seated?

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I am with you Tom, none of us really know the whole story.

I think it's a black eye for him, but so far I haven't seen anything that would make him resign. He is an "honest" as all our other politicians... btw, they ALL need to resign and let's start over again!

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No, no... He tried to hold a fundraiser in response to Blagojevich asking for campaign contribution in exchange for the senate seat. Burris initially said he made no attempt to buy the seat. Now he is saying he tried to hold a fund raiser but no one would contribute.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Burris is like O'bama, a product of the Daly political machine. Personally I think they both should resign. Then we would have motor mouth Biden as president. Things are a mess aren't they?

9. OldRegular

Compare Burris to the senior Senator from Illinois Turbin Durbin. Durbin stood on the floor of the US Senate and with malice aforethought lied about the American Military in Iraq, referring to them as Jack Booted Thugs. I would take Burris anytime.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This thread is about Burris, not Obama. I know you have difficulity not bringing Obama into every conversation, but try to stay on task!

11. OldRegular

Well! Just what is the task? What is said on this Forum has nothing to do with the fate of Burris.

In any event they are both still the product of the Daly political machine. Why hold Burris to a higher standard than O'bama or Turbin Durbin?

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

One good reason no one will assassinate Obama, we'd end up with the gaff machine. One day he will have to tell us what he be talking about...

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The Senate should have made good on their promise not to seat Burris like they said in the first place. Now here is another problem to solve. Compromise with evil never works.