1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Role of church on illegal immigrants ....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You're saying no role on illegal IMMIGRATION, and not illegal immigrants because as with the people, we are to do as you stated above.

#21 Zaac, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
  2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither is it my responsibility either politically or spiritually to pay for those who come here illegally. I can and will love them. I will not pay my taxes so they can come and get free medical care etc when they came here illegally.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It is TOO your responsibility if they are part of the poor. I could care less about the politics..

33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God
    . Lev. 19:33-34

I hear ya. You're gonna conspire to treat them in a way that doesn't honor Christ because of your love of money. :thumbs:

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My opinion only. The church ought to care for the spiritual and physical needs of illegals as much as it should with anyone else. It is not the duty of the church to abet criminals.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Be ye kind one to another.

Tenderhearted.

Forgiving one another as God in Christ has forgiven you.

True religion is helping widows and orphans. (not just from your country)

6. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

But you do care about the politics, in a earlier post you condemn the GOP, I find it amazing how liberals justify criminal acts but willingly support a political party that murders babies in their mothers womb. You can say you disagree but when your vote goes for them then you have the blood of all those little, innocent babies on your hands as if you murdered them yourself.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Good ole abortion. As I've said plenty of times before, the GOP needs to stop feigning to care about life in the womb while expressing nothing but disdain for life outside the womb.

Republicans get abortions too.

When my vote goes to whom? The politician who is okay with murdering in the womb, or the one's okay with murdering people outside the womb?

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

10. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But the question didn't specifically relate to "neighbor"

This is where study helps. Neighbor was an Old Testament designation, meaning friend, countryman, etc. It related specifically to Israrl, and has been supplanted by BROTHER in the New Testament.

That's part of why i asked what i did.

Neighbor - 203 times in scripture. After the Gospels, 7 times.

Considering that the New Testament did not begin until Jesus died, every us in the Gospels was still Old Testament. Here's the epitome of neighbor:

Leviticus 19:
    17 You shall not hate in your heart anyone of your kin; you shall reprove your neighbor, or you will incur guilt yourself.

18 You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against any of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Stop this foolishness. Everyone knows what is Biblically meant by neighbor.

25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor?
    Luke 10:25-37

Jesus Christ hasn't left any wiggle room for HIS followers to treat ANYONE as less than a neighbor.

This is such an ugly look for some of you. The lengths you will go to in order to excuse yourselves from being nice or compassionate because someone has done something that goes against your politics.

12. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You can see my answer earlier and notice that I personally don't believe that the church should turn in illegal aliens, but they also should not allow someone openly breaking the law to fellowship with the church.

With that said, you seem to believe that the church should "be a good neighbor", even to those that break the law. Understanding your position you think that the church shouldn't turn in illegal immigrants for the simple reason that the church should be a good neighbor. What then is your opinion on other law breakers? Should the church do anything in the case of child molesters and abusers? Or should the church just be a good neighbor?

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I would disagree. For a time is coming real soon, according to what I'm reading , in which WE may be guilty of breaking the government's law too. :laugh:

The church is filled with folks who cheat on their taxes. The church is filled with folks who speed daily. The church is filled with sinners. They just do it "privately". We don't disfellowship with them.

If we are talking about fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ who are seeking asylum or who are aliens in this land, I believe we should go the extra mile to make them comfortable in the fellowship.

Yep.

Is the church turning in the tax cheats and the speeders?

14. The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger New Member

We all know the Jews have been displaced for the last 2000 years. We also know that those who bless the Jews will be blessed, and those who curse them will be cursed. We are to feed, and clothe the Jews. Furthermore,

Romans 13.1 Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God. 2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow. 3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well. 4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong. 5 So you must obey the government for two reasons: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience. 6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid so they can keep on doing the work God intended them to do. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: Pay your taxes and import duties, and give respect and honor to all to whom it is due. 8 Pay all your debts, except the debt of love for others. You can never finish paying that! If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill all the requirements of God's law. 9 For the commandments against adultery and murder and stealing and coveting -- and any other commandment -- are all summed up in this one commandment: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to anyone, so love satisfies all of God's requirements. 11 Another reason for right living is that you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for the coming of our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

15. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to study, Zaac. Just hurling an "everybody knows..." is hogwash. Jesus told a story about the Samaritan who helped a robbed man.

At the end, which one was the neighbor? The victim or the one who helped? NOT ONCE was the victim called a neighbor.

I can't help it if the scriptures get in the way. Neighbor was an OLD TESTAMENT designation for one who was in the covenant. It was Theocratic Israel then. Now, it is a believer in Christ.

But, you seem to be misunderstanding the biblical data, and me. I'm just saying that your case needs to be built on more solid ground than an out-of-context use of a passage involving a covenant membr