1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Role of Women

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by CubeX, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Emily

Emily New Member

www.spirit-life.org

Under Pastor's, she is Pastor Tracy Stefano.

Her husband used to be the senior Pastor, but he died in August of 2002.. He married my husband and I, and he actually kept that church on the straight path mostly.. It wasnt until he got really sick that his mother-in-law (Pastor Marie Bernier) took over and turned this small church into a huge Michigan cult, at least I believe that anyways..

its like they are starting their own denomination.. It really reminds me of TBN with their money flaunting, and preaching about how God wants you to drive a ferarri..

You wont see many negatives on the website, but if you even go to 1 service, you will most likely see an altar call that has something to do with money..

In their church paper one week, I remember one of the testimonies reading like this..

"Amanda Lewis of Spirit Life, Clawson was at a store when she found the perfect kitchen decoration that matched her kitchen set priced very low. Of course she wanted to buy it. She went up to pay the cashier, and noticed that the price tag she had was wrong. The real price was much higher than her tag said. She was about to let the cashier know, when the holy spirit let her know that that special price was for her, and not to tell the cashier.. Hallelujah praise Jesus!"

uhm.. no... thats called stealing..

There was stuff like that, and there was also stuff said like..

"If you dont want to be rich, then you are selfish because it is much easier to give great amounts when you have plenty to give"

and

"Pastor Marcus died because of his lack of faith for healing"

I know you didnt need all that, but what was going on there when we left was really sick stuff and it makes the hairs on my arms stand up when I think about it.