1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roll On September

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by DanielFive, May 11, 2003.

1. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

I just noticed that Aaron has gone for the summer and read some of the posts on the other thread.

Aaron, I look forward to your return, you will be missed.

Its typical that people who disagree with Aaron's views are using his absence to attack him.

I wonder how many lovers of traditional Christian Music have been 'scared off' by your hate-filled posts?

Bob, you were right to close down the other thread, as you said, it was going nowhere. You'll come to find that this is the norm when this individual wades in with his size tens.

2. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

:rolleyes: Glad you're above personal attacks.

And go look through Mike's posts, you will NEVER see him attacking someone for liking a type of music.

3. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

You will also never see anyone on our side of this argument accusing others of sin for their taste in music. Funny how all of the sudden Aaron is turned into a victim. No one here is using Aaron's absence as an oppurtunity for anything except civilized discussion (just take a look at "the benefits" thread). I have no problem with debating the topic of music, but don't you dare presume to accuse me of sin, then not even tell me what the sin is, all the while not even knowing the first thing about my life.

Furthermore, no one has said a thing since Aaron left that hasn't been said while he is an active poster/moderater.

4. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

What post were you reading. :eek: Get a life!!

Glad you're above sticking your nose in where its not needed. :rolleyes:

I don't attack people who are not here to defend themselves. I also don't make veiled attacks using statements like:
    You can't make statements like that and not expect people to respond in kind.

I'm not getting drawn into another drawn out argument with you guys, I've got better things to do. Now, put your dummies back in. ;)

5. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

What post were you reading. :eek: Get a life!!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Nearly every single thread Aaron ever started or posted in here had an accusatory tone to it. Instead of just blurting out the first thing that comes to your mind, why don't you take a few moments and think about it?

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had a free moment and thought I'd stop in.

Now, enda, you have to admit if I received praise from Mike or Travelsong, I would certainly not be pleasing God in the area of music.

Travelsong, you really have no room to complain about being accused of sin. If I remember correctly you were the one who asked for it. Ah yes, here it is:

http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000453

You asked and I answered in terms that anyone at a third grade reading level could comprehend. Why do you contend that you were not told? And why cry "Foul!"? Did you really think that one who holds that some musical forms are sensual would think that another could listen to them without sinning, but when have you ever allowed logic to interfere with your reasoning?

Nice to see your post enda. [​IMG] Don't let these churls get you down. ;)

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

[ May 17, 2003, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Mike McK ]

8. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Thank you, Jonathan.

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Right. What's so ironic is that the only thing that was said about Aaron was that the tone of the music forums would change once he left and they did. There's a much lighter atmosphere around here and it's been much more congenial on both sides since he's been gone.

It's sad enda would try to bring an end to that peace and ironic that he would do it by claiming that we (specifically, me) were the ones who were being divisive.

Once more proving our point.

10. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Please tell me what part of my post that you quoted is an "attack" on Aaron.

Need I remind you that your very first posts here on BaptistBoard were attacking me? One of which was so nasty and beligerant that even you realized it was over the line and deleted it?

I think it's a little hypocritical of you to accuse me of attacking anyone, considering your treatment of me.

Well, since I've never posted a "hate filled post" toward "lovers of traditional Christian music", I wouldn't know. In fact, at times, I've comiserated with "lovers of traditional Christian music" and have even said that, most of the time, I prefer hymns to CCM. In addition, I've never condemned "lovers of traditional Christian music" or looked down on them or tried to make myself feel like I'm better than them by condemning them for doing something that they have the liberty in Christ to do.

Here's the quote in it's proper context:

Of course you would want to stay away. Who wants to go someplace where you're constantly harangued by others for something as trivial as this.

I wonder how many others Aaron and the other "I'm really spiritual and you're not" people here have scared off.

Please explain to us what part of that was a "veiled attack".

Anyone who reads that in it's proper context will see that it's neither veiled nor an attack but, under the circumstances, a perfectly legitimate question. I know of at least two people, Magicdar and another girl (who's name escapes me at the moment) who took a ton of abuse from Aaron and those in his camp and who haven't been seen since. How many are there who we don't know about?

And how big are your's and Aaron's and Su Wei's?

Bottom line: I would challenge anyone who believes what you say about me is true to read my posts to you and then read your posts to me, particularly in the "Rock Music in the church" thread, and tell me which one of us treats the other with more respect.

11. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

You can't disagree with anyone without trying to be controversial and rude, wheather its ridiculing those who hold to the more traditional Christian values or supporting people who want to represent our Lord as a clown, so don't bother coming with the innocent victim routine, it doesn't wash with me. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

Yes, I did attack you in one of my first posts on the board, funny that, I was 'on to you' the minute I seen you.

You are also correct in saying that the music board has been peaceful over the past few weeks, I haven't seen you around for a while. Is it really a coincidence that the minute you come back things start going downhill. I have been here during the peaceful weeks.

Mike, You are the weakest link, GOODBYE.

12. WW2'er

WW2'er New Member

Folks,

From a nuetral observers point of view....

All of you seem kind of bitter and petty. :(

13. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Like I said, I would challenge anyone who believes that to read your posts to me and compare them with my posts to you and tell me which one is more rude. This post of yours is a good example.

The truth is, if you would read my posts without this chip on your shoulder or this apparent vendetta against me, you'd see that I'm not intentionally rude and, as for being controversial, why do I not have the same right to speak my mind as you? If someone having a different opinion than you or simply asking "why?" is so controversial, maybe you should find a message board where you won't be challenged or, perhaps, just sit in front of a mirror and talk to yourself. That way no one will ever disagree with you and your audience will think you're a genius.

14. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Enda, the simple truth is that you are judgmental and a hypocrite. You simply can't stand to see anyone dare disagree with you, and anyone that does you immediately attack them while claiming that they are the ones being divisive. Furthermore, you NEVER back up your claims. OTOH, I do...

[Editor's Note: The following quotes are taken from this post and the Rock Music in Church thread, I could go further but do I really need to?]
    Hypocritical attack.
    Hypocritical attack.
    Judgmental.
    Judgmental.
    Judgmental and legalistic.
    Judgmental.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just outright sad.

Normally I would stay away from stuff that has a high chance of someone taking offense, but you just don't stop!!! You keep going with this stuff. You apologize (And in Enda's behalf he did apologize for some of these quotes) then turn around and do it again!

`JD

15. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

16. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

With such a crushing reply, what else could I add?

17. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

What did you expect. He calls me judgemental 4 times, a hypocrite twice, and a legalist once.

How is he any less judgemental than me? Consider:

Romans 2:1 : Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest : for wherein thou judgest another , thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest DOETH THE SAME THINGS.

I have admittedly attacked Mike for his approval of such things as eg. Drinking alcohol, frequenting pubs, listening to non-Chrisian music, attacking Aaron while he is away, rarely posting Scripture to defend his views, Marilyn Manson, etc. I doeth not the same things, I can assure you.

On the one occasion when I felt I had made a false accusation against him, I apologised.

I'm sorry this thread has developed into a free for all, my intention was to defend a Christian brother who was not here to defend himself, I apologise for doing this in a like manner to those who attacked him, sin surely is a disease which spreads even across discussion boards.

I will try harder to ignore insults and rudeness in future and try to respond in a more Christ-like fashion.

18. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

As anyone who cares to look at that thread can see, I was/am tired of being accused of sin without ever being told exactly what my sin is.

There's a world of difference between talking to someone at a third grade level and talking to someone like they are a third grader. You are the self proclaimed expert on music here. You use your status as moderator to push your agenda. It is your trademark attribute to belittle,talk down to, and stifle anyone who challenges you.

I never was told. My challenge was an open invitiation to show me what sin I am engaging in by my enjoyment of all types of music, yet not one person attempted to demonstrate what my sin was or how I was committing it.It's a perfectly legitimate question when one is constantly being accused of sin. You realised that your whole argument comes crashing down on this very simple question, so once again you abused your power as moderator and shut the thread down.

Again, feel free to tell me what sin I am engaging in by my enjoyment of whatever types of music you consider sensual-but of course you and I both know it's time for you to get back to your summer hiatus, definately no time for that.

[ May 17, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Travelsong ]

19. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

OK, first of all, drinking alcohol (in moderation), going to a pub, listening to non-Christian music are things that we as Christians have the liberty to do.

And, Marilyn Manson? What in the world have I ever said about him to upset anyone? Seriously. I don't remember. Please enlighten me.

As for attacking Aaron, you've made this false accusation several times and have not backed it up once, despite having been asked to explain yourself. Nor have you explained why you intentionally took my words out of context to make it appear that I said something I clearly didn't. If you have to make things up, then you don't have a case and should probably quit while you're ahead.

I also explained to you why I don't always quote scripture in my replies. Believe me, I could bury you under a mountain of scripture, as Curtis can attest to, but I won't do it just to impress you and I won't resort to twisting scripture to fit my view the way you guys do.

And then you turned right around and did it again several times. One wonders what an apology from enda is worth.

But you still haven't shown that anyone attacked him. My guess is because you can't.

More than defending anyone, all you've done is started your own new thread to launch your own attacks.

You're the one who started this thread. Whether you liked the otherthread or not, it was dead and gone and on it's way off of the page and int obscurity. You're the one, enda, who had to stand up and start with the negative thread. Then, you accuse me of doing it. Sorry, enda, but you're the one who's name's on this thread, not mine.

Since you've said that a couple of times now and not done it, please forgive us if we find that a littl hard to swallow.

[ May 17, 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Mike McK ]

20. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

Mike,

I'll put this as simply as I can, since you seem so insistant upon it.

You guess wrongly.

Originally posted by Mike on the Gone for the Summer thread:
    Given your definition of 'the anti-Aaron' you are clearly saying Aaron is 1. Irratating; 2. Rude; 3. Disrespectful; 4.Ungracious towards those who disagree with him.

This constitutes an attack upon Aaron's character, you say this about a man for whom Christ died.

In doing so you display the very same faults in your own character, thereby in judging Aaron (wrongly in my view) you condemn yourself.

Romans 2:1 Thereby thou art inexcusable O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doeth the same things.

v.3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

I suggest you study this chapter further.

Not satisfied with your previous post you proceeded to :

1. Accuse Aaron 'and others' of haranguing this person who never said that Aaron harangued them, and certainly never referred to anyone other than Aaron.

Next time you post something like this would you at least have the decency to name those who you are accusing.

2. Describe the music issue as "trivial".

Tell me, how can something which has caused such division among Gods children and such damage to the modern Church be described as trivial by any right thinking Christian.

3. You finish this post off with another vieled attack upon the "I'm really spiritual and you're not people" who you accuse of 'scaring people off' the music board or being divisive to say it more clearly.

Now, given that you have accused me personally, and others I could mention, of claiming to be more spiritual than those who support rock music in the church, I didn't have to be a genius to figure out that this was an underhand reference to me among others.

I'm just not the type of person to sit back and allow someone to say such things without reproof. This may be a fault of mine I admit.

Nevertheless, I will again ask you to consider your remarks and feel free to apologise if you can see how you are at fault in this matter.

Enda