1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roller Skating Music in the Church

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When zipping around the rink, I like upbeat, peppy hand-clapping music.

Can take my 25-top CCM Praise & 'Worship' (sic) chorus cd and most would fit better there than in a worship service.

And remember, I am "old fashioned" and even the choruses I sing (at camp, singspiration, not in worship service) would be
    "This is the Day"
    "I will rejoice for He Has made me Glad"
    "What a Mighty God we Serve"
    "Ah Lord God"
    (pretty conservative stuff compared to the songs I will hear this Sunday, guaranteed)

Anyone care to comment on the tie between roller skating and worship?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Our home school group goes skating once a month at a church owned rink. We also play the new Contemporary Praise Music and some kids type praise songs. Several of the moms don't care for it but the old rink we used to frequent played Madonna and other worldly music!

The kids just want something lively to skate along to and I never really pay much attention to what is on ... but just spend time sharing with other adults! LOL

Roller Skating and Worship? Why not? God inhabits the praises of HIS people, no matter what we're doing! PTL! [​IMG]

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I enjoy lively, if that is the term you like, music in church. The livelier the better. Just my personal preference [​IMG]