1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Roman Catholic...Christian or Cult?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jedi Knight, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The world is filled with religion, most of it false. Nothing new-- ever since Cain changed the type of the sacrifice. Most religion is in vain, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

If one's religion is based on a man or woman, that religion is in vain. Jesus, the Christ is the only foundation. Jesus' little flock, The Way, were called Christian first at Antioch. This was not a term of endearment. They were considered cultic by the Jews. Check out: the cult of Nimrod and his wife.

That which is in the Vatican can be traced to the 4th century, even back to Nimrod. By 325 A.D.,The Roman Emperor, Constantine, the Great One, had, in effect, married the church(Christian, so-called) to the state. The church part consisted of apostates from the previous centuries had left "The Faith once for all delivered to the Saints". This pervasive, pagan, religion of Rome tried to destroy the True Followers of Jesus, The Christ. These humble folk never bowed to the holy see. Many were murdered, refusing to baptize their infants. The doctrine of baptism does not seem to have much importance in our time.

The battle still rages: the anti-pedobaptists and the pedobaptists. Secular history is usually written by the victors not necessarily the righteous.

Who is on the Lord's side.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#21 Bro. James, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  2. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#23 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 9, 2015
  4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I know there are at least 4 BBFI churches in New Jersey. I can guarantee all of them preach the Gospel.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's that BBFI and where are they? Will they make allowances for a 5P DoG.,Amil, partial preteorist?

UPDATE: Just called BBF HQ........nothin within one hour of me. Thanks anyway.

#25 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 9, 2015
  6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I was....according to these guys, I cant reach out and preach & teach the gospel without being monitored by them......the HS must have nothing to do with it. :smilewinkgrin:

8. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot go back and forth with you on this. You are making it way more complicated than it needs to be. Here I am, a Calvinist, telling you to find a local bible believing church, without it even having to be Calvinistic. Who cares at this point? The important thing is that you and your family need to be under the care of a local bible believing church. Sure. There may be things about it you do not like. Maybe they do not share your eschatological position. Maybe they do not teach the doctrines of grace. Maybe they are a bit more seeker sensitive than you may like. But if Christ is preached I would rather you and your family be there.

You may think I am being judgmental. You may think I am on my high horse or being ruled by my Reformed, Calvinist viewpoint. I am telling you these things out of Christian love. Nothing more. Unless we are providentially hindered we do not have the right to forsake the assembling of ourselves together.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you back pedeling now? You are the one who wants to find me a church so do so. I have already looked and couldn't find anything..... I will give you a hint, there is one in Montville but its way outa my way.......also one in Flemington. And that's an hour away. I want community--the ability to be there on Wednesday nights and the ability to go there Sunday evenings so long drives don't cut it. So get me something 15-20 minutes out. I haven't found one...at least not one that will accept me being a 5 point DoG.

#29 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 9, 2015
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One more request.....that they actually feed you spiritually & that they also go out into the community to share the good news. I have zero interest in any so called church that doesn't do this.

11. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not back peddling at all. I am saying that if you cannot find a church that meets your laundry lists of things, then you should find a church that at least preaches the Gospel.

As far as this community stuff and that fact you do no like long drives; yada, yada, yada...well, it seems like you want a convenience store church.

12. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about the color of the carpet and whether the church is King James Only (or not)? Do you want a Keurig machine in the lobby too? Come on, EWF. As one Jersey Boy to another: you are full of excuses.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cop out. And don't give me that Jersey Boy Malarkey.....I'm from the other side of 287........ not the Newark sewer hole area that creates toxic malformed life forms.

If my beliefs don't measure up to yours ......to bad. I will not raise my family in apostate churches but I will challenge myself to either find or create something decent for my family & the people of my community that deserve a solid church. I have to live here & to date I haven't cut and run for higher ground. BTW I'm happy meeting with sinners in their homes, in bars & in parks & in the street.....My coffee of choice is a Shop Rite Coupon buy of the week brewed in my dear wifes Bun Coffee Maker we bought at the Walschmart 6 years ago. The thing still works. So take your sarcasm & stick it in your pipe & smoke it.

#33 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 9, 2015
  14. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    that is a good link - thanks1

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think this is where they excel - on some counts.

No restrictions on coffee, cigarettes, cigars, or beer and of course church-sanctioned gambling.

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

17. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

AS to the OP, I would say heterodox Christian. But I would also say the same about Protestantism. However, I think the RCC is more heterodox.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

19. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

20. Earth Wind and Fire