1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roman Catholicism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    my problem !

My problem is that I often misunderstand the Joke as a serious argument !
    Moreover I interfered in this without reading the whole posts. Sorry!

2. D28guy

D28guy New Member

same

mojoala,

You posted...

Ah, but there is a difference that is not good for the Catholic Church.

WE....readily acknowledge that we have these differences, and we show that God told us to expect it when He wrote, concerning non-foundational issues...

"Let your brother be fully convinced in his own mine...who are you to judge your brother? To his own master he will stand or fall, and God will make him stand"

The Catholic Church on the other hand sends out her apologists with the commission to deliberatly try to decieve, by propagating these hysterical fantasies about how Catholicism is this supposed haven of unity and harmony...in contrast to the protestant world, and its supposed "billions and billions":laugh: of supposed "competing denominations".

The scriptures make clear that there will be differing views in different groups. That there will be differing gifts, being distributed as God wills, and that just as the the eye cant say to the ear that "I have no need of you", we should celebrate the differing gifts that He distributes as He pleases.

The Catholic Church would do well to shut her big mouth about Gods church, and instead focus on ridding "herself" of the goddess worship, heresy, blasphemies, idolatries, paganism, superstition and devilish false teaching that "she" is filled to overflowing with.

Oh, I have no intention of buying it. I know who Gods church is on this planet...all of the born again people on earth. Period. Of which probably 99% have no part of the Catholic Church.

The vast majority of all of the groups in "protestantism" are not problematic in the least, and we are all brothers and sisters, irrespective of our differences.

And those that are problematic we identify using Gods scriptures alone.

God bless,

Mike

3. D28guy

D28guy New Member

same

Eliyau,

No problem at all, friend. :) I have done the exact same thing before, myself.

Grace and peace,

Mike

4. mojoala

mojoala New Member

you failed to read the rest of the post and the link I provided showing you that you only want to smoke screen the issue.

Barrett lists 233 Catholic Denominations. How does he derive this figure? By saying that each country is a denomination of the Roman Catholic Church since One can only be Roman Catholic if your in Rome. :rolleyes:

And if you had read the link, you would have seen where Barret concedes that there is only 1 Roman Catholic Denomination. And since a Catholic that is not of the Roman Catholic Type then they are really a Protestant of some type which reduces the equation to :

Roman Catholic = 1 = mote
    Non Roman Catholic = 21968 = beam

And you still fail to intereact with the issue of there being over 100,000 non-denominationals.

Another issue you have failed to interact upon:

The Bible contains only one truth. There is only one exact interpretation of each verse. Verse for Verse there are not any two Pastors that agree 100% on a Verse for Verse case scenario.

You could put a million Pastors in a Room and ask them to invoke the Holy Spirit to inspire them and then have set at the task of interpreting every single verse, verse for verse, you would come up with 1 million distinct interpretations.

Like I said I can defend some of what the RCC teaches. Study of Scripture in it's entirety without outside influences has shown that at least some of what they teach is right and we are wrong.

If they are right on some of these issue, what others are they right about? And that is my personal walk with Christ I am currently undertaking. And what I am discovering frightens me to my center of my being.

Like I said I can and will defend a couple of items BobRyan posted, but before I defend I will start 2 more threads concerning my lastest discoveries which are more important to our salvation.

Those will be posted shortly once I have a final compiled project. Then at some later point in time I will discuss some these issues BobRyan and you have breached.

God Bless and go live the Gospel.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    how many dirty rotten "non-Baptist" churches out there? I bet the RCC is one of those many thousands of divisive non-baptist churches in doctrinal confusion. Thousands upon thousands of them along with the RCC as just another example -- OH if only they could bring themselves AND the RCC to the point where they could just be Baptist instead of being out there in that maze of non-Baptist churches - in confusion and splinterdom!

And dare I do that "same RC trick" with my own church? Why not!! "OH how many non-SDA churches there are out there sharing in that RCC-confusion of man-made-error and the devisive RCC."

#125 BobRyan, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Just kidding

Hey you guys,

I was only kidding when I made my remark about the SDA church being the only church that was right (although that's what I really believe LOL!)

but anyways just kidding... like Mike pointed out :laugh:

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Eliyahu,

You may have made a mistake but it was exceptionally kind of you to make an effort to defend the SDA Church. Thank you

Claudia

8. D28guy

D28guy New Member

same

mojoala,

Thats because I cant stop laughing long enough to post. The point you are trying to make is complete lunacy. Its hysterical.

The Catholic Church is "fractured and split", having competing views and points of emphasis just like the protestant church is. The only thing "united" about the Catholic Church is that they all use the name "Catholic Church". Beyond that, we see splits fractures, divisions, etc etc etc.

So we can make the same claim and say that we have no competing views because we all call ourselves "protestants"!

THERE!

We are in complete unity!

Just like there is only one protestant denomination.

The denomination called "protestant".

We are even.

Again, because I cant stop laughing hysterically long enough to interact with it.

Complete rubbish. Your Catholic "brainwashing" indoctrination is showing itself.

Complete rubbish. Your Catholic "brainwashing" indoctrination is showing itself again.

Because passages of scripture can have multiple applications and interpretations, with many or all of them having validity.

Nonsense. There would not in the least be 1 million differnt interpretations.

Nobody is debating that sometimes the Catholic Church can be right about something. For instance, the Catholic Church says that stealing is a sin. They are right about that. What does that prove?

Nothing.

Compare the foundational truths of Catholicism up against the scriptures alone, and you will find, in abundance....

Goddess worship

A denial of the saving gospel

The promotion of a false gospel

Heresies all over the place to overflowing

Blasphemies all over the place to overflowing

Idolatries all over the place to overflowing.

etc etc etc.

If you are discovering THIS...

Goddess worship

The denial of the gospel of Jesus Christ

The promotion of a false gospel

Heresies in abundance

Idolatries in abundance

etc etc etc

...Then I agree completly with you. All of that SHOULD frighten you.

I welcome and look forward to our future postings.

God bless,

Mike

9. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

The three links posted earlier were very good.
    I would add that the problem with all the apparent "division" is that every time someone came up with some new doctrine, even if it was a "restored truth", they had to go and form a new organization around it. That's why it seems Protestantism is so "divided", and Catholicism "united". They were able to keep it all under one organization, and that gives a false appearance of "unity". (Actually two organizations when you count both RCC and EOC!). Organizationalism (which developed in the 2nd and 3rd centuries) is the whole problem in the first place. Organizations are power bases, and it all became about control.
    That's why I keep telling people that just going back under the magisterium will not help the problem. It will just concentrate the power (and riches that go with it), and it seems that is what they really want.

#129 Eric B, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The RCC has never "looked united" if you read history. But the "spin" that the RCC places on the discussion only works if you swallow the premise.

IF you conclude that ALL other churches outside my denomination must account for their corporate "division" with that entire group being the "non-Bob group" then the RCC is just one of many non-Bob groups that needs to account for her own contribution of error to that mass confusion.

They try that same trick using the RCC as the reference point instead of the "Church that Bob goes to". Those who go along with that tactic end up with the bogus result the RCC was hoping for.