1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roman Road and Sinner's Prayer

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Tom Butler, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Moderator note:

This forum is listed under the "Baptist FELLOWSHIP Forum." This is the place for fellowship, not debate. There are several sections under the "Baptist Debate Forum."

That would be the place to debate - "Are missions Biblical."

Roger
    C4K

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I missed all the debate part on this thread, but I'd like to comment on the OP.

I still use the Romans Road, though Im not against branching out. We have to use whatever verses are going to speak to the individual best, as God leads while we witness. Funny though, someone said that Paul never used the Romans Road? Paul WROTE the Romans Road so obviously he was using it! (yes, under inspiration of the HOly SPirit of course) :thumbs:

Ive been trying to get out from under the Sinner's Prayer lately, though Ive found that most people just do not understand how to pray, and really I think they just aren't used yet to communicating with God who they cannot see. I see use of the SP as just helping them say what they are thinking. Repeating after someone does not have to mean that they did not truly believe what was said. Someone else said something about it should NOT be like just repeating marriage vows..............ummm, when I repeated my marriage vows I meant them! Even though they were not my original wordings. Didn't you mean YOUR wedding vows when you repeated them after the preacher? But we all know that repeating wedding vows doesn't marry you officially. Its the committment that is the marriage.

As long as we make sure the person knows that the SP is just words, it isn't salvation, than I see no problem with helping the person along in learning how to pray. Even the disciples asked for help with how to pray....and JEsus gave them help. He did not just say, "well, pray from your own heart". JEsus gave them real, practical aid in prayer. I think the SP can and should be used in that capacity.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, Roger. I appreciate the way you put it, even if you ARE a moderator with the right for sterner words, and certainly the right to put a red, angry browbeating emoticon in reprimand of an erring member.
    I erred and got carried away, and really did not notice the FELLOWSHIP in bold letters, all I saw were the words Roman Road and Sinner's Prayer and jumped right in.
    I have always disliked the Roman Road system and am wary of anybody coming up with ideas on how to get people saved, notwithstanding my current beliefs on there being no more lost to save from the fires of hell since Jesus has done that already.
    I guess it's because early on in life I recognized the shamness of most marketing strategies, and was turned off seeing sales and marketing strategies applied to Christ.
    Won't happen again.

#63 pinoybaptist, Jul 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2006
  4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks pinoy - I appreciate the spirit.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

not a debate forum

This is not a debate forum. Please take the debate elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.