1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romans 8:13 and 8:17

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Ben Elohim

Ben Elohim New Member

How will those at Romans 8:13 die? What is the nature of this death?

How will they live? What is the nature of this life?

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Ben,
    Paul is telling the Romans the same thing I am saying here. Because of the Atonement provided in the Christ, we no longer have an obligation to sin because Jesus has defeated sin and Death. All who believe in Jesus are therefore set free from the bondage of sin, those who do not believe in Jesus don't know what we're talking about anyway, so what does it matter to them if the penalty for thier sins has been paid by another, if they don't believe in the Christ they are going to the lake of fire whether or not they continue sinning.

In essence Paul is saying to them, "Why do you keep on sinning when sin has no power to make you do so? Those of you who continue to do so, show that you do not place your trust in Jesus, you lack faith! It is through faith that we are saved. If we continue to sin after submitting our lives to Christ and being made anew, we will eventually fall away from the faith and without faith we cannot be saved or have everlasting life. It is not once saved always saved UNLESS we live the life that Paul is speaking of. Once we come to faith, Peter and James tell us that our faith that does not produce good works is dead, and though faith alone saves you, if you do no good with your faith, you fail to live as Paul is instructing. And if you lose your faith, you lose the promise of everlasting life.

Do those at Romans 8:13 die because of sin, or is it that they die "in their sins", wearing their sins like a burial suit, because they have either lost faith in God, or never had it!

3. Ben Elohim

Ben Elohim New Member

Hey wes,

How about answering my questions?

1. How will those at Romans 8:13 die? What is the nature of this death?

2. How will they live? What is the nature of this life?

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

You can't read?

5. Ben Elohim

Ben Elohim New Member

Yes I can wes. You didn't answer the questions.

When I ask you, "What color is the sun?" and you respond with, "Well, the sun is round," it does not qualify as an appropriate answer just because you are still on the subject of the sun.

The only thing that remotely came close to an answer was: "Do those at Romans 8:13 die because of sin, or is it that they die "in their sins", wearing their sins like a burial suit, because they have either lost faith in God, or never had it!"

But as you can see I was not asking WHY someone might die. I asked something completely different.

What is the nature of this death? In what sense will they die if they serve the flesh? In what sense will they LIVE if they serve the Spirit?

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

The question you asked has been answered, but here it is again.
    ALL WHO LACK FAITH IN GOD, GET CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE BECAUSE THEIR NAME HAS EITHER NOT BEEN WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE OR THEIR NAME HAS BEEN BLOTTED FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE. THE NATURE OF THEIR DEATH IS, "BEING CAST INTO THE SECOND DEATH WHICH IS DEATH OF THE SPIRIT".

It is appointed unto man once to die, then the judgment. The judgment that ALL mankind faces is judgment of works (deeds), and that judgment is inclusive of both good (works of righteousness) and bad deeds (sins). This first "all inclusive" judgment is not the judgment of life, but of "rewards"!

Then there is the Great White Throne Judgment of God, the judgment of life! God the Son tells us (john 3:18) that those who believe in him are not judged, but pass from death into everlasting life. However, those who do not believe are judged by their own unbelief, and unbelievers face the Great White Throne judgment of GOD, where the book of life (FAITH) is the determining factor. If your name is not found in the book of life, you are cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:14,15.

One's sins are not a factor in one's salvation, it is a symptom of one's faith or lack thereof. The penalty brought by sin has been paid ONCE for ALL by Jesus when He died for the sin of the world. That once for all sacrifice for sin, makes it possible for all mankind to have everlasting life through faith in God, especially God the Son. So then all mankind could have salvation if all mankind would but have faith in God.

So, those in Romans 8:13 will die for the same reason that all others who lack faith die...and that is because they lack faith! However, if they repent from their sinning, in and through their faith in God, they shall have everlasting life!

7. rc

rc New Member

Ben,
    Again you are asking the same question over and over and over again.... bad eisegeses. Again it is a specific imperative given to a general audience. An audience which, just like today has true believers and hypocrites... Understand the background and history of the ones written too.... Hermaneutics 101 my friend.

8. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Ben;

No favoritism;
    When I face my Lord Jesus all that He will see is my faith because my sins have been forgiven and His righteousness covers them. I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I don't believe anyone will be saved with out faith. If we loose our faith before we die and never recover it then we are lost indeed. However if we persevere to the end and keep the faith then we will not be lost. Because we are saved by Grace through Faith. No Faith, No Jesus. No Jesus,Your Lost. Simple

Dying daily to sin is walking spiritually. Seeking the Lord for forgiveness of sin denying the flesh and picking up our cross and following Him. All of this is dying to sin and walking spiritually. We don't have to look for suffering it'll find us.
    A person who confesses Jesus as God who died for us and rose again and sits with the Father in Heaven is saved. This is because of our trust we first place in Him. This is our responsibility.
    I've never heard of anyone else proclaiming me to be a Christian.
    I'd be the first to admit that our works will be tried so as by fire but this doesn't have anything to do with Judgement but reward. Those deeds passed by fire will be rewarded. However we are rewarded for our deeds in this life as well. It's called blessings. But as far as admittance into Heaven Our works have nothing to do with it. We are passed from death to life based on God's Grace which is through the faith we aquire through the hearing of God's word.
    The gift of eternal life is by Grace through Faith. No work involved.
    May Christ Shine His light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.

There are two things you lack.
    Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved...
    Php 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

johnp.

10. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    Yeah right; You like Christ can see my heart.
    May Christ Shine His light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

11. rc

rc New Member

"we loose our faith before we die and never recover it then we are lost indeed"

Poor Jesus, wringing His hands, worried about who's going to "keep" his faith to the end. Boy, I bet He sighs a big relief for every one that works his way to the end, seeing He can't do anything about it... what a poor powerless Jesus.... oh darn... He just seen someone else renig on his faith that he had.... I bet Jesus would of loved to help him, but you know... no power.

12. rc

rc New Member

He who BEGAN a good work in you will be FAITHFUL to complete it...unless man by his almighty power wants to overcome the faithfullness of God.

Good verse....NOT !

13. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Maybe not, but I'll bet that when one does persever to the end maintaining faith all the way, that Jesus is waiting with open arms to welcome them home.

14. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Do you not accept the parable of the sower as a truth relative to Salvation?

15. rc

rc New Member

Yes,
    God destined some people to be wayside, some people to be stony places, some among thorns and some DESTINED to be good ground... just think, those places didn't get the choice to be what they were did they? The same word goes out to all and only the ones that were ordained by God to be good earth grew and persevered. The others by their NATURE proved to be just that, false. Good analogy Wes.. thanks for bringing that up.

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Except that God made ALL mankind in his IMAGE, and to say that there is anything or any part of God that is bad, is not thinking straight!.

The ground is not WHAT we are it is WHERE we are!

17. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, we are made in the image of Adam after the fall. God did create man in his image, but Adam disobeyed God and corrupted man.

Genesis 5:3
    And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

We are born in the image of corrupted Adam now, but in Christ we are a new creation. Old things have passed away and all things have become new.

18. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi TC;
    If Adam is created in the image of God then all man is created in the image of God. Even if we are born in the image of our fathers. Besides we are all related. I wonder why you didn't use Cain as an example. Wasn't cain born with the likeness of His father Adam?
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Not a valid arguement TC. Consider that Seth had at least two (2) siblings before him and the same was not said for them. Not only that but there must have been "sisters" involved too!

20. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I only state what the Bible says.