1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Romans 8:28-30 - The Golden Chain

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Jul 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, the text completely supports my biblical view and provides no support for your Falselogy.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As has been demonstrated time an again, your claims are false, such as concerning Dr. Wallace, when he presents views that show your claims to be false.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This obviously false post demonstrates the fiction he represents. Making claims that are obviously false is ungodly.

Did anyone say the verses Romans 8:28-30 were not according to the grammar? Nope. So just another fictional false charge from the fount of false charges.

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    7) And therefore, our rebirth as children of God, glories us as siblings of Christ, made blameless and perfect and righteous.

Note that the advocate of Falselogy claims we are not gloried as siblings of Christ, nor as made blameless, nor as made perfect, nor as made righteous. But did he have the courage to state how we were glorified? No, of course not because they are long on taint so and short on truth.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 8:28-30 NASB
    And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
    For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters;
    and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

1) Who are those "called" according to His purpose? Those who love God. Thus created beings who exist and have chosen to love God. Some translation choose to include the article, thus reading those who are the called according to His purpose. Therefore those in view are those who have been transferred into Christ's spiritual body.

2) Who are those He foreknew? Those who have been individually called (placed within Christ's spiritual body) because they love God.

3) How did God foreknow them or what about them did He know beforehand? God's redemption plan was to choose believers that He credited with righteous faith.

4) What else did God plan and predestine for those chosen? To cause them to be conformed to the image of His Son.

5) Now in the present, God is implementing His redemption plan, calling those whose faith He credits, by setting them apart in Christ, the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit.

6) And these placed into Christ, are made alive together with Christ, undergoing the washing of regeneration, which removes whatever God held against them, and thus are justified by the blood of Christ.

7) And therefore, our spiritual rebirth as children of God, glories us as siblings of Christ, made blameless and perfect and righteous. And of course, those who are "the called" have been glorified.

#25 Van, Jul 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  6. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what was my falsehood and what was my ungodly behavior? Oh wait, there wasn't any in that post. The only ungodly behavior was your false accusation of my ungodly behavior and your continuous slander of those who are Calvinist.

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you repeat the same nonsense of the OP which has been proven to be ignorant and bogus?

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you post something about Romans 8:28-30?

Here is an example: "So you repeat the same nonsense of the OP which has been proven to be ignorant and bogus?"

Does this post claim the the quoted post is the same as the OP? Yes. Is it? Nope. Thus a false statement.

Is the quoted post the same as post #25? Nope the presentation has been updated even more.

Has this post be proven, or shown to be ignorant and bogus? Nope. Those charges have been made but they were false.

Folks, this is all they have, change the subject to me and hide from truth.

9. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you say, yet you deleted the Word of God and ignored it while calling it falseology. Now, Archangel shows you the Greek in Romans 8:28-30 and shows you have misunderstood. Yet, you cast that aside as falseology as well.
    Van, no sane reader of this thread will ever hold your views for they are indeed your own falseology which you assert despite all others disagreeing with you.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your post contains your verbage, and nothing was deleted, it was just not repeated. Archangel made obviously false claims, thus I did not present error. It is not for the benefit of the advocates of falselogy, they have lost the ability to discern truth. That is why they seek to change the subject to me.

11. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have gone from one argument of Paul into another. There is a change of subject and emphasis in Romans 9-11.
    However, Paul is adamant that God has not discarded the Jews, but that there is a remnant to be saved by grace (11:5), and they have not stumbled so that they should fall. I simply don't have time for a discussion about Dispensationalism, so if that's what you are looking for, please accept my apologies.
    'World in 11:12 is the Gentile world.
    Jew and Gentile together
    Amen!

12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. The called are the ones that were predestined.
    2. The ones he predestined.
    3. No it is not WHAT he knew about them. You don't understand the term foreknew. We are not talking about foresight. We are talking about an intimate knowing of the person.
    4. Correct
    5. No he gives faith to those he called.
    6. We were already chosen to be in Christ before the foundation of the world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for trying to address the topic.
    1) Yes the called are the ones predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son.
    2) I understand foreknew means to know beforehand. You can look it up. And no one said it referred to foresight!!!! When I plan to save believers then when I save believers I foreknew those chosen as believers.
    3) Once again the nearly dozen verses that teach our salvation is through faith are claimed to not mean what they say.
    4) No were were not chosen to be a people before we were once not a people.

14. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad to finally admitted that your works of 'faith' CAUSES God to pat you on the back and not only choose you, then, and give you the Perfect Virgin Born Righteousness of Christ, without an Atonement for or mention of SIN, but also God Worships you and gives you Glory that is His, ALONE.

Strong work, Van.

I can't tell you what to believe, but I also disagree with everything you have said in your Determination.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life

15. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's painful ro watch two sides argue when both sides are wrong. Wow

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Glad you agree, but that isn't what you said at first or at least seemed not to.
    2. Good, however you did say "what did he know" beforehand. That's foresight.
    3. Faith is the vehicle of salvation activation but not the cause of the salvation. The salvation was already secured. To have faith be the cause of the salvation makes it a salvation of works.
    4. This is just your ridiculous interpretation of Scripture that has no basis in reality.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed so a few can learn how to play well with others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.