1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Romans 8:8

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Biblicist, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

No, it doesn't. I never once said God was obligated to give you enough grace to resist. I asked if you believe he does and your first answer seemed to suggest that he does grant you that ability, but now you believe he doesn't. I don't even make an argument for or against God's obligation in your system...I just asked questions and you don't seem to like the conclusions of your own system...at least that is how it appears to me.

I don't know, you tell me, we are talking about YOUR SYSTEM, not mine. This is not an issue in our system because we affirm free human agency and the ability to choose between available options....otherwise known as "RESPONSE-ABILITY."

Are these questions for me and my system, or questions for those who hold to your beliefs?

Apparently for your system God is NOT obligated to provide you enough grace to resist temptation, thus when you do willfully sin it is ultimately because God didn't choose to give you enough grace to resist it...and that is ok because God is not obligated to do so. Does that sum it up correctly?

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So it has come down to this? I am in a debate with myself and with my own system while you are an innocent bystander who takes no position?????? Well, I guess the only sane thing to do is to stop arguing with myself and find something better to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.