1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rome vs Islam

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by GODzThunder, Jul 8, 2003.

1. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Interestingly enough, guess what other city sits on 7 hills: Jerusalem. See this link

Yes, it is very true Rome was responsible for the death of saints. But scripturally, Jerusalem (specifically, the Israelite leaders) is repeatedly said to have killed prophets and saints. Rome did too, but Rome is not mentioned in scripture as doing so. Communists (Russian and Chinese) have killed saints. Muslims have killed saints. Now I realize the case for Rome is much weightier than for the Communist governments, but they have one thing in common: scripture mentions neither as killing saints, but rather Jerusalem is often described as doing so.

I think it will most likely be either Rome or Jerusalem. These two are definitely the top two suspects. [​IMG]

2. JesusisGod2

JesusisGod2 New Member

Interestingly enough, guess what other city sits on 7 hills: Jerusalem. See this link

Yes, it is very true Rome was responsible for the death of saints. But scripturally, Jerusalem (specifically, the Israelite leaders) is repeatedly said to have killed prophets and saints. Rome did too, but Rome is not mentioned in scripture as doing so. Communists (Russian and Chinese) have killed saints. Muslims have killed saints. Now I realize the case for Rome is much weightier than for the Communist governments, but they have one thing in common: scripture mentions neither as killing saints, but rather Jerusalem is often described as doing so.

I think it will most likely be either Rome or Jerusalem. These two are definitely the top two suspects. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]All I can say brother is WOW!!! I never knew that and man do I appreciate you pointing this site out. :D :eek:

I have added it too my favorites and am going to really look at it this week end. I'll tell ya this really deserves a look see.
    [​IMG]
    I like most have had things told over and ovr to me and in no wise claim to be a prophecy expert and praise God that He has kept my mind open and I am definately going to look at it.

Thanks again Bro, this is some powerful stuff here, and I am glad to see you dont totally count Rome out either. because one of the things that make me think Rome are the woman (False religion) was arrayed in purple and scarltt Rev 17:4 and these are the colors of the cardinals and bishops of Rome

Please dont think I am attacking the catholic church,I am not. like I said earlier even most of my catholic friends believe there will be an "anti-pope" and unless they change the vaticans location -- that is Rome as it stands today. but years ago or should I say centuries ago I believe it was in Turkey.

I do agree it will probably include both, but I just cant see the world giving alligience to the nation of Jews (I MYself consider the Jews my brothers) when there is so much ant-semitism, even the USA on this road map for peace seems more pro-palastian. :confused: and thats a sad thing in itself [​IMG] but thats another thread in itself

but as I said earlier this teaching on the site could totally change my view and I thank you for that [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ July 10, 2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: JesusisGod2 ]

3. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Hey no problem. [​IMG] I haven't checked out anything else on that site, so I don't know how trustworthy it is as a whole, but it's just one of many sites that talk about the possibility of Jerusalem being Babylon.

No, I don't discount Rome. I see it as being either. In fact, it may be a combination, just like at the time of Christ when Jerusalem was under Roman control.

Those are also the colors of Jewish priests (Exodus 28). [​IMG]

Later,
    Brian

4. JesusisGod2

JesusisGod2 New Member

Isn,t Christ going to set up His Kingdom in Jerusalem during the millinium? if so then it couldn't be Babylon because Babylon is to be found no more. Rev 18:21

But the part that has got me :confused: is they that killed the prophets which would seem to point more to Israel than to Rome. Rome was definately guilty of killing the saints and apostles but prophets?

were there even any prophets spoken of during Romes reign other than John the baptist?

You definately bring up some interesting wrenches in the Rome as Babylon teaching?

God bless