1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney Learns That ‘Facts Are Stubborn Things’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by faithcontender, Dec 21, 2007.

1. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

Does Romney has a habit of exaggerating things or he has a habit of plain lying just to suit himself?

Read here and form your opinion about him.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably both.

Just like most of the candidates running for President from both the democrat and Republican parties.

Romney, Clinton, Huckabee, and Edwards (as well as others) all say what is expedient at the time.

#2 carpro, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2007
  3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The Democrats are not even worthy of consideration. Romney or Giuliani will either 1. guarantee a loss at the polls for the Republicans or 2. elect another liberal President if they win

Either of those two on the ticket should automatically force a third party vote.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It really bothers me when a politician who bills himself as a "minister" of the Lord, like Huckabee does, is so...

expedient with his politics.:tear:

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have not ruled out Huckabee, but he is close. Giuliani and Romney are out of the question. They will not get my vote. The only reason Huckabee hasn't been ruled out is that I am not convinced he is not truthful about abortion. His record makes me wonder if he is the best choice, though, in relation to taxes, immigration, and crime. To tell the truth, none of the announced candidates are cream of the crop leaders.

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I have more respect for someone who has been consistantly pro-choice than someone who when he ran for govorner of a liberal state was pro-choice, than suddenly had an epiphany when he decided to run for president. I am tired of abortion being a political expediant for someone's career in Washington.