1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romo, 'Boys Top the Charts

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Nov 13, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romo, 'Boys top the charts

America's Team, again, is showing how it picked up that name in the first place. NFLShop.com's jersey sales numbers -- obtained by Sports Business Journal -- for the period between April 1 and the end of October, if you're reading this blog, will probably come as no surprise: QB Tony Romo tops the individual rankings. The Cowboys are No. 1 in team sales.

Here are the lists:

INDIVIDUALS
    1. Tony Romo (Cowboys)
    2. LaDainian Tomlinson (Chargers)
    3. Peyton Manning (Colts)
    4. Tom Brady (Patriots)
    5. Brian Urlacher (Bears)
    6. Brett Favre (Packers)
    7. Brady Quinn (Browns)
    8. Reggie Bush (Saints)
    9. Adrian Peterson (Vikings)
    10. Troy Polamalu (Steelers)

TEAMS
    1. Cowboys
    2. Bears
    3. Steelers
    4. Colts
    5. Patriots
    6. Eagles
    7. Redskins
    8. Chargers
    9. Broncos
    10. Packers

- http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/11/romo_boys_top_the_charts.html

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

<<<yawn>>>

#2 webdog, Nov 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2007
  3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Double <yawn>

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tex Schramm still lives, in a sense. It was his ideas in the 60's to heavily market clothing, stickers, decals, et al, and the Dallas Cowboys sold more such items than other teams even before they made their title appearances. Then this, combined with 20 consecutive winning seasons with 18 playoff appearances and Tom Landry in his tie, sportcoat and fedora on the sideline (unlike at other stadiums, facing the cameras at home, and thus in almost every game) on national TV all the time... whether they win or lose the popularity is there. Jerry Jones dismantled a lot of things from the Schramm/Landry/Brandt years, but he's too money-driven to not pick from a tree he didn't plant, but he sure does 'fertilize.'

But I'll bet Green Bay has picked up with their year this season.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Wake me when there are interesting topics to talk about. :sleeping_2:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad that my purchase of a Romo jersey at the start of the season helped out on both the individual and team lists. :)

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I said the same thing when I bought my Couch jersey. Give it a couple years. I will never buy a jersey with a current player again. I have one with my name, as I know I won't get traded :)

That and a throwback, and you can't go wrong. Should have gotten Aikman or Staubach instead.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that Romo will finish his career with Dallas. They have never had a top notch quarterback - Meredith, Staubach, White, Aikman - finish his career with another team. Romo is already top notch and I think he will get better as he gets more experience.

9. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tex was a marketing genius - Jerry Jones took it to the next level. Jones was the one that came up with the stadium marketing deal with Pepsi and I think American Express that pumped millions of dollars into Jerry's pocket, that did not go through the NFL's marketing pool - which he then invested in the team.

Love em or hate em, there is a reason that every network wants them on thier network each sunday. Fox is mad because they are the NFC network, yet only get the boys 8 times this year. The highest rated games year in and year out are cowboy games, in the DFW area the numbers are astounding, perhaps washington comes close but they are about the only ones.

You still find the occasional fan in the DFW area that holds a grudge against Jerry for Landry, but most recognize him as the boys owner and number one fan. There is probably not a more acessible owner in all of sports - he does a radio show every week on a station that loves to lampoon him with a fake Jerry Jones (and fake Wade Phillips)

So - get out there a buy buy buy that cowboys merchandise (I love to wear the number 8 on game day myself!)

10. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

What was it that Ben Franklin said?
    "A fool and his money are soon parted?"

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aikman was one of the best! :thumbs: