1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Howard says "Upset? Then don't watch!"

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Magnetic Poles, May 17, 2006.

1. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

I have read the book....treated it as fiction. I will see the movie at some point, not sure when though.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Another sad post on this whacked out board. Maybe your Saviour was married and had a child but my Saviour certainly wasn't and it's offensive to state that he is or to even enjoy satanic filth that states that.

IF you want Fiction...watch Benny Hinn but don't entertain your ears to this garbage.

HOw can a Born AGain Christian enjoy something that promotes such HERESEY

YEA I SAID IT.... HERESY

BRING ON THE INQUISITION OF MODERATORS
    </font>[/QUOTE]The teaching is heresy - no one would disagree. It is also so flawed that no thinking person can take it seriously.

3. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

A couple of years ago, The Passion of the Christ enraged so many non-Christians that all the controversy caused a lot of people who never would have seen the movie to go see it. Now, you never hear a thing about The Passion anymore.

The same thing's happening now, except it's Christians who are getting so upset and causing all the controversy, which will cause so many more people to go see it than would have otherwise.

A year from now, it'll all be forgotten.

I agree, it's just a book and it's just a movie, not a theology lesson.

4. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

I agree with C4K.

I read the book, and will prob go see the movie when it hits the dollar theater or shows for free on the base.

I thought it was an interesting story to say the least but a powerful challenge to faith...? Come on!Youre gonna have to do way better than that.

I thought Ian McKeller was in XMen final something or other?

Curtis...hilarious!

5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

The thing about it is that so many people are taking it seriously, not matter how ridiculous it is. I personally know one man who just spent 8 weeks in India where Jesus spent the rest of his life after the disciples rescued him.

6. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Hey C4K,

With what you have dealt with on this board as a moderator, can you make this statement with a straight face? :eek: :D [​IMG]

Bro Tony

7. Vasco

Vasco New Member

Uhmmmm... His name on Andy Griffith's show was Opie Taylor. On Happy Days it was Richy Cunningham.

Just an FYI... ;)
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ron Howard was called "Opie Cunningham" by Eddie Murphy, on Saturday Nite Live, Back in the early '80s. But hey, I realize how the internet anonimity can make people think they know everything.
    </font>[/QUOTE]murphy started chanting "opie cunningham" as he tried to shave off howards mustache..

8. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

I agree with you totally. Although I went to see THE PASSION the day it opened....and own it. This movie I will see at some point...but it is just a movie...a work of fiction...nothing more. [​IMG]

9. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

lgpruitt, the movie The Passion was incredibly emotional, and I loved it. I wasnt there when they crucified Christ, but it is how I imagined it when it was discussed. I think any movie that evokes such a response is a good movie. But then again, some people cry over Ol Yeller. Im not that passionate about dogs.