1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul: Bizarre Spending Habits

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 3, 2010.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Your 'superiority' is quite well explained in another nearby thread.

It appears that you give credit to some success of your own based upon asking questions and making statements which you believe to be motivational to others...... all the while disparaging Ron Paul who has already successfully produced enough of a stir that, while there are many who are lazy in their knowledge and will follow him or anyone who can capture their attention or can present explanations for their vague understandings of why our present political, and economic condition seem incongruent with our potential of resources and people and motivation
    ......... there are many others who have sprung into action, though late, to study the issues which RP has scratched and are coming to their own understanding of the constitution..... by study, not mere reading it once..... and studying those of their state..... and researching into the origin and the progress of globalist organizations like the UNITED NATIONS and discovering plans like Agenda 21 and ICELI.

With all your masteries, you could be studying these and other issues for yourself and then presenting you findings and critque, posing problems or suggesting solutions..... doing something like RP has successfully done....... bring your salt to the table and make the people thirsty to study and research deeper and grow their own ideas regarding government, law, economics and markets, what freedom really means AND REQUIRES that we preserve, and where LIBERTY comes from and WHO is responsible for keeping it.

As far as I'm concerned..... your opinions and your parrotting the MO mantra of others who have latched onto the 'Achilles heel' of RP is really a no brainer. You not 'for' him, and that's okay. But the energy you have against him on a tiny issue when there are others who deserve, by their voting and their spending, a higher level of guilt and relavance to our present political and econmomic conditions is appalling, considering that neither you nor they are doing anything other than complaining and then pointing to a Ron Paul to blame.

There are others who are learning and taking a different view of our country from the pablum and propaganda we've been fed, and, yes, Ron Paul, by his statements and his questions, may be credited for awakenings in their curiousities and the broadening of their understanding..... and is encouraging to some of the lesser knowns to come forward and fight for posistions on party tickets or go independent..... and others with the enthusiasm, and understanding, if not of 'means' to back them.

Ross Perot attempted to do the same thing in 1992. Oh yes, he had his foibles and he had his followers.... but I wasn't one of them. But, at that time...... he also had stimulated a lot of people (many who tried to persuade me and failed) who felt disenfanchised to get involved in politics and begin learning about our country and their power. Unfortunately, he did not stimulate a familiarity in our foundational documents or an understanding of the principles behind them. What he did do was successfullly threaten both political parties and created an atmosphere if only briefly remembered that made them defensive and recognize accountability and that they were vunerable to a third party spoiler...... if nothing more. (Ross Perot was 'pro-choice' and thought our constitution out of date ......poorly based on his own lack of familiarity with it and his confidence in technology but he was against NAFTA).

I'm not in a posistion to vote for RP, and its enough for me to keep my eyes on my own local and state where I do have a chance to do something by keeping informed and informing my leaders and representatives. You, Targus, live in a state where you have received many advantages. Instead of becoming a shill for whatever party to disparage any person who is instrumental in waking up Americal..... perhaps you should work harder within your own circle to regain the momentum your state has lost.... and as near to keeping our liberties and conservatism as possible. If you know RP is a loser as a presidential candidate then why spend any time on him even to discourage others? If your afraid that the momentum he creates will spoil the candidacy of youre fav either in a local election or national...... then you're running scared just like the other so-called schills who are either keeping conservative out of the party electorate and helping to preserve the very things you complain about and think you are against.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What surprises me (somewhat) is that you rail against RP supporters as if we're all numb skulls looking for our political "messiah" as you say yet, you talk as if you expect one man to do all the work.

I think it's you who'se looking for a "messiah". That one man or woman who can pull our collective bacon out of the fire. Well let me clue you in one man can't do it. Ron Paul can't do it. He's one man out of 500 trying to make a difference in Washington. The rest are there to gather perks and make connections so they can go on to become highly paid execs in the military industrial complex, or the energy industrial complex or the surviellance industrial complex or the pharma industrial complex or the international banking cartel and then maybe come back to congress so they can "better" represent their "former" employer.

Ron Paul is waking people up to the reality that politics has become a way for the international corporitos and banking cartel to loot our treasure and spill our kids blood to expand and maintain their global empires.

Ron Paul is waking people up and out of those will come leaders. Many leaders who actually know what's going on in the real world. Leaders who know how we're being systematically robbed and enslaved by a gaggle of unelected scavengers that believe they have the right to make their own rules and force them on us.

No sir, RP supporters aren't looking for one man to solve all our problems like you seem to be. We're looking for ways to make a difference anyway we can so long as it's lawfull and non violent.

And what are you doing besides trying to get as much mileage out RP's one "flaw" as you can while grumbling and making excuses for the establishment hacks who care nothing about you after you cast your one little vote for them?

Ron Paul is telling us the truth and we're acting on it accordingly. If you think one of the establishment hacks is your man or woman then fine. Go cast your ballot for them and learn to love being looted and enslaved by them.

Evidently you wanted it like this so either live with it and shut up about it or do something positive to effect a change. Even a little tiny one. Because when it comes right down to it this isn't about how Ron Paul has failed us it's about how we've failed each other and this country we call home.

Here's what Ron Paul has accomplished . . . he's almost single handedly woke up a whole generation of Americans to the unvarnished truth!

Now you name another who can equal or even come close to that one accomplishment.

#22 poncho, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
  3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

RP is right on the money with his words. Sadly, that's as far as it goes with him. His actions say something else. Sounds like hundreds of others in Washington, starting with the occupant of 1600 Penn Ave.

I would love to believe RP. I would. But his actions belie his words. If they didn't, I'd be a full-throated supporter. To say you're for the Constitution, limited govt, etc., and then turn around and do things that stand against such is no better than the other lemmings in the establishment.

I don't expect RP to bring about change all by himself. I just expect him to be different. And he's not. I've said it before and I'll say it again - he could take some pointers from his son Rand :thumbsup:

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) A false statement.

2) A false statement.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! Which is about a gazillion times more than what any poster on this board has done politically.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

1. That's strictly your opinion, vacuous and fallacious if you believe universally true

2. That's strictly your opinion, vacuous and fallacious if you believe universally true

Good to see you, friend! Playing fantasy baseball with us?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Right back at ya.

2) Right back at ya.

3) No. Thanks for asking.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why don't you run for congress Tom?

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

1. Incorrect. I stated an observation and opinion which you claimed to factually invalidate and/or prove to be universally false, neither of which you actually did.

2. Incorrect. I stated an observation and opinion which you claimed to factually invalidate and/or prove to be universally false, neither of which you actually did.

3. Sorry you won't be joining us. Should be fun.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care for head to head baseball leagues.

Anyone who is knowledgeable about the political career of Ron Paul knows that you are not opinion about him doesn't hold water. Have you ever motivated millions of people to vote for limited, constitutional government as Ron Paul has?

#30 KenH, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I have a more important job preaching the gospel, which is where real change comes from. As Spurgeon said, if God calls you to be a preacher, don't stoop to be a prince - one of my major problems with Huckabee. While the Gospel doesn't necessarily solve the tax code or immigration, I get really frustrated with people who look more to the court house, White House, or state house than they do the church house. Washington doesn't provide solutions. Only Christ can.

Ironically, there would've been a time I would've ran for office and I get approached every couple of years. The establishment wouldn't have me and I don't want it either.

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Only good thing is you're at least still in it late, unlike RLs. But I hear ya.

Good to chat with you, friend.

13. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The funniest thing about this whole thread:

No one has addressed the link.
    I bet few who visited it could say anything about the content on the page.
    For starters......
    There something being done in London:
    There's something related to Watergate...... for those of you vintage enough to remember.
    There's the report by RonPaul office that once again he's returned unused expense funds. On that.... last year he returned $90,000 but this year he returned $100,000.
    And for those who visiit those links......there's an article listed in the right collumn on Earmarks..... which any wondering about earmarks should read before pronouncing judgement on any representative.

........For that matter, from the link in the OP there is no direct mention of earmarks......But it does show just how quick some are to criticise Ron Paul and how lazy some are to jump to conclusions and post rather than read the OP and visit the link and carry on an intelligence discussion.

I don't care how many degrees one may boast..... for some it just means Piled High and Deep.