1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul Blasts Other Connies over Mosque

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Aug 23, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Read More

2. targus

targus New Member

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that Ron Paul is just another "one note" nutjob.

Just another whack job that thinks that his particular political obsession trumps everone else's right to free speech.

Why does Ron Paul want to deny free speech rights in the interest of property ownership?

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

First, I'd much rather be known as a Connie than a liberal. Second, Ron Paul does not speak for me. In fact, I don't think he has enough of a following from conservatives to get elected. Connies don't like cult like leaders and there's to much of a cultish following when it comes to Ron Paul.

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I must have missed where he was calling for their speech to be stifled by government. Could you point that out to me?

He simply issued a commentary on the situation and all of a sudden he wants to "deny free speech rights"??...give me a break!

5. targus

targus New Member

I didn't say that he wanted the government to limit free speech...

Just that doesn't like it when the free speech of others disagrees with his opinons.

We have seen the same behavior here on the board on this issue.

Some want to talk about property rights - when no one is denying the would be mosque builders their property rights - but are quick to moan about the exercise of free speech by others in regards to the mosque location.