1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul down Alan Keys up

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Dec 18, 2007.

1. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

The trend of the polls is almost the same in every state. Either Mike is 2nd or 1st . This means he is already the front runner or about to ovetake the previous one (Giuliani or romney).

The national polls reflects what is happening in all the states. Huckabee is either 1st or 2nd nationally considering different polls.

But considering Mike has just surge recently and is still being known nationwide, he has the greatest momentum among all the candidates.

#2 faithcontender, Dec 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I don't believe either of those two are going to be anything but an after thought, neither one could carry enough GOP folks to beat Hillary. But I've been wrong before. I only see two maybe three who could carry enough GOP folks along with the side line votes who might beat Hillary. Keep in mind most GOP folks don't back all republican candidates, even if a Clinton is running.

3. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

Huckabee now leads Giuliani by 6 points in today's Rasmussen polls. The numerous vicious attacks against him seems doesn't work.

See here

4. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

2 Timothy2:1-4, you just can't stand the thought of supporting Tancredo or Hunter because I do can you? :D Not a shabby choice though. Keyes can be a decent fellow I'm told.

Btw, Keyes isn't up in this poll because he wasn't asked about before now. Hence the "n/a" by his name.

#5 Ivon Denosovich, Dec 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2007
  5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I like Alan Keyes, and i even supported him in the 2000 primaries...but i have no idea why he chose to jump in this year.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Real Clear Politics puts Ron Paul at 4.7% nationally. That average is higher than the Gallup Poll you quoted. Alan Keyes, who I like, does not even show up on Real Clear Politics. Of course, Real Clear Politics averages several major polls to get their numbers. Gallup and ABC are the only two that have Paul at 3%. The others have Paul at 4%, 5%, 6%, and 7% nationally. Paul is doing better than that in some early states.

Truthfully, neither Paul nor Keyes has a realistic shot at the nomination. If one of them has a "better" chance, it is Paul because of his fund raising. Supporting either Paul or Keyes is more of a protest support than anything else. Since North Carolina does not have a Republican Primary until May 6, 2008, it is highly unlikely that I will have a chance to vote for anyone and have my vote really matter. However there is a chance that our Republican Primary will be moved to Feburary 5, 2008. If that is the case, I will vote for Ron Paul.

Source

7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Reminder: 'Recruitment' call tonight with Alan Keyes

Don’t forget this evening’s Q&A conference call with Alan Keyes! The times are:
    10 p.m. E.T.
    9 p.m. C.T.
    8 p.m. M.T.
    7 p.m. P.T.

The number to call is 231-962-8000, Access Code 340794#.

You're welcome to join us. And be sure to invite your unpledged friends.

Hope you can make it!

Stephen Stone
    CEO, Alan Keyes for President

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I just watched Keyes on Hannity and Colmes and while I like his positions on issues, he comes off so arrogant to me. He acts like he is the only candidate Jesus could/would support.