1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul Refuses To Participate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freeatlast, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Paul,

I am voting for Ron Paul, but I do not find those who are falling for the cult of personality like other candidates have seen in their run for President. Rather, his popularity is based upon issues. There is not a person alive who believes he is the best communicator or has the best personality. Rather, the people I find who are supporting him are doing so because they strongly believe in his views. Like Barry Goldwater, his is the most issues oriented candidacy of the field.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In reality I guess that means you're an Obama man.

I worship no man; I like Ron Paul because he wants to follow the constitution in addressing the issues.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Rove, all the candidates should decline/avoid this fiasco. Krauthammer is right, it's a joke:

Karl Rove Blasts Donald Trump, Says He’s Trivializing The Election Process

“.....Donald Trump phoned in to Fox & Friends and said that if the candidate he eventually endorses doesn’t win the nomination, he may jump into the race as, “a free agent.” This all, of course, has to wait until after Trump’s new season of Celebrity Apprentice concludes in May.”

““Karl Rove.....hammered Trump for his involvement in this race, saying how absurd it is that he’ll be acting as a debate moderator when there’s still a possibility he might run as an independent candidate. He also suggested that nobody would watch the debate because it’s two days after Christmas on a network not available in a lot of homes.”

““It doesn’t help the country. If you’re going to be a candidate, be a candidate. Don’t make it contingent upon whether whether your show’s renewed or not? If your show’s not renewed, you’re going to run for president. How trivial is that. How does that trivialize the most important decision that we Americans have, which is who we’re going to elect as our president.””

“.....Rove told “Fox and Friends” Monday that the RNC Chair should encourage all Republicans to skip the debate, which is moderated by a man who Rove believes still may run for President as an independent....”

Karl Rove Has Had It With The Donald Trump Debate: ‘This Is Not A Newsman’

“Rove didn’t hide his feelings about the debate from the beginning of the segment, explaining that in Trump, “We’ve got a guy who is not only saying ‘I’m going to make a decision on who I’m going to endorse shortly after this debate and I’m already leaning someway, and I may run myself’ and we expect him to be the impartial moderator? Could you imagine what would happen if MSNBC hosted a debate and the moderator said ‘I’m going to endorse…’ Nobody would show up!””

Krauthammer: Trump Debate Where ‘Moderator Chooses A Nominee Afterward’ Is A ‘Joke’