1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul says no government conspriracy of 9/11

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Jul 31, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Denies involvement in 9/11 conspiracy theoriesSome have claimed that Paul believes that the attack on the World Trade Center was a part of a government conspiracy, and associated him with "9/11 truthers." However, Paul has explicity denied this. On the Mike Gallagher radio show on 7/19/07 he said "Some people try to twist what I say and turn it into that, and I think some of my supporters lean in that direction, but that's not my position. I do think government's basically inept. I mean we were spending $40 billion a year collecting intelligence and a lot of information was out there. We had one FBI agent, I think sent dozens and dozens of memos to his superiors saying that there are people trying to fly airplanes but not land them, and nobody would pay any attention. So, I don't think that's a conspiracy. I think that's a lot of bureaucracy that doesn't work very well. And, then when we have government investigations, whether it's 9/11 or assassinations, I think the main goal is to protect the government and to protect their ineptness - not - and that is a lot different than saying 'Oh they conspired to do this so they can use this as an excuse to spread the war in the Middle East whether they had anything to do with 9/11 or not.' I don't see it that way. But, I believe some who did want to spread the war would use it as an opportunity. But, it wasn't something that was deliberately done." [29] When Paul was asked by Shawn Wasson in an interview on LiveLeak.com if he believed that "9/11 was orchestrated by the government," Paul responded emphatically, "Absolutely not."[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

And yet some of his supporters use him to prop up their tin foil hat brigade.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/may2007/250507Ron_Paul.htm

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul is saying the same thing that I did in the "Ultimate Con" thread - that our government was incompetent in this matter.

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Whether it was gross incompetence (which I would think would encroach on criminal incompetence) or whether or not it was intentional murder, the end result should be the same. Why would we give a grossly incompetent government more power? Why would we let a grossly incompetent government take away our freedoms?

Oh...and as to Ron Paul. He is endevouring to slay the dragon (Federal Reserve) based on economic and constitutional principles. Some of us think the dragon needs to be slayed out of moral/criminal principles. However, he has come to the conclusion, he's still going after them and since he has no competition on such matters. I support him, regardless of whether he is right or wrong about 9/11.

#5 Rufus_1611, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007