1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul, the Republican Party's Last Chance

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Unless he does something really foolish between now and then, Giuliani will win the nomination and the presidency. He is America's mayor, after all, and he has, for a Republican, wide-spread support among Democrats.

The polls have shown him garnering 20% of the Democratic electorate.

He will win the White House in 2008, mark my words.

I just hope Ron Paul stays in the race long enough to make the debates and add a conservative element to the race.

One thing I didn't think of is that Ralph Nader has said he will probably run again. This would then take any anti-war votes that Paul would get and transfer them over to Nader. In that case, he would hurt Paul, probably, more than Hillary.

Of course, that race will not happen, unfortunately.

On a positive note, on another BB thread, there is a draft Bro. James Reed movement happening.:applause:

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, there is a lot bad about him sadly.

Ron Paul is a member of the Republican Liberty Caucus, a group of Libertarians who split from the Libertarian Party and caucus with the GOP but do not support the GOP platform.

For example, every GOP platform since Reagan in 1980 calls for a constitutional amendment to end abortion based upon the July 4, 1776, statement that God has given every person the right to life. Ron Paul opposes a constitutional amendment to end abortion.

Ron Paul also opposes the death penalty saying that it has been started by governments but the truth is that it was instituted by God.

Ron Paul also opposes a constitutional amendment defining marriage as one man and one woman, a position wherein the federal government first began to regulate marriage against the Mormon church and their polygamy.

Of course, Ron Paul is against the war against terror and does not support GOP foreign policy.

I cannot see that Ron Paul with his ill-fitting clothes can win a single primary or can win a general election.

I think that the Ron Paul candidacy was just ended by Fred Thompson, who said today that he himself is considering running and that he supports the President on Iraq.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258220,00.html

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I seriously doubt that we will see Fred Thompson enter the 2008 presidential race.