1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul won't run as third-party candidate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HOUSTON - Presidential hopeful Ron Paul said he will not run as a third-party candidate in a new message to supporters that seems to recognize his slim chances at getting the Republican nomination.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23087158/

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never thought that he would do so.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am very glad to hear this.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Well that's too bad!

I wont vote for a ticket that includes Billary. I'm fed up with the Clinton Bush dynastic hold on the highest office of the land.

I wont vote for McCain. His father was an admiral in the Navy when he was a POW. Former POW's don't respect him..... It is reported that he spilled more than name rank and serial number .....he spilled his connections in high places... to the Viet Cong to avoid torture and procure privileges denied other POW's. His political connections have succeed in preventing the FOIA from revealing the content of his interogations.... as turned over to our government by the Russians...closed as Classified Information. He lost 4 planes.....one in the states on a trip to a ballgame.....before being shot down by the Viet Cong. His broken leg, arms and shoulder displacement occurred as injuries when he ejected from the plane...not from torture. The lost of 1 or 2 planes would have produced a dismissal of most Navy pilots.... but he had connections.... and I call that privilege. His faithful wife held back the news of a debilitating car accident in 1969 out of concern for his state of mind while a prisoner of war: He rewarded her 2 years after his return with an adulterous affair which ended their marriage and within a few months began his marriage to the connected and rich beauty that is his current wife.

And if these are the best choices the Democrats and Republicans have to offer, I may have to vote independant.... or may not be able to vote at all..... and I plan on changing my declared party affiliation to independant, if I don't see some changes in the direction which BOTH parties are converging in covert agreement.

So, if Ron Paul loses the REp nomination and refuses to run independant.... my appearance but no vote to any that are left may be my only option and protest.

#4 windcatcher, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2008
  5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is quite a list of allegations. Do you have any sources for those?

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Ah, common!
    Google yourself and look up McCain in Wikipedia..... most of its there.

I did my 'leg work' a while ago....this isn't the first time he's run you know!

Any way, I may be off a little by dates or details... my memory isn't perfect at my age......... but if you really want this guy
    and...... who knows..... he might make a good president... do the search yourself..don't take my word. I've said that I don't plan on voting for him.

I'm female, and reserve the right to change my mind. It's not November yet and Florida's primary is over.

And don't expect me to do the leg work...

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I do not want him I don't vote for liberals. I don't "expect" you to do anything. I just asked if you had some sources available.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just wait till after Labor Day - the Democrats will produce the "sources" they would love to get revenge from the "Swift Boat" accusations.

9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

This site was put together by some of the same people who created the swift boat verterans against Kerry in 2004.