1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ronnie Floyd Launches SBC Racial Reconciliation Initiative

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's probably why folks ignore you. :laugh:

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Dude----like---get OVER it what white honkies say about you----my goodness gracious!!-----if I had a dollar for every time I've been threatened, stalked, talked down to and looked crosseyed at by my own white church members----I'd be rich

You are a human being born into this world by Adam's race----and if you are born again----you have been birthed into the Kingdome of God Almighty--- by the precious blood of Jesus Christ----a Jew most hated and yet at the same time---so loves He you-so who gives a flip about what color you are and what you do for a living and who calls you what name

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about me. :laugh:

I didn't say that black people cared if white people thought those things.

4. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm curious, what does "this nation" have to do with the SBC ??

Are Baptists in charge of everything the world is doing? Are we co-responsible for every failure in the world?

If it's a Christian problem, or even specifically an SBC problem, then shouldn't the concern be with the SBC and the church at large, and not "the nation" ??

What I mean is that the world (and "the nation") are going to be worldly, wicked, depraved, and even racist. We don't need "awareness" to know that wicked people do wicked things.

We don't need to be pressured to feel shocked that sinners are sinful. Good grief. That's like being shocked to find balloons at a birthday party. Or shocked that there are new cars on a showroom floor.

There's no biblical mandate for white saints to automatically feel sorry for what white sinners do to black people. By the same token, there is no biblical mandate for black saints to automatically feel sorry for what black sinners do to white people.

Now, if you're talking about Christians being worldly, that's an issue for the church to be concerned about. If the larger part of the SBC is racist, then the SBC has a big problem on its hands.

But for whites in the church to be "repenting" for the failures of white people in general (including unregenerate men), that's just absurd. It's a worldly mindset, bent on appeasement rather than the gospel of Christ.

The church needs to be pointing people to Christ, not highlighting "social" issues.

If someone hates you just because you're black or white? so what. You have a new identity in Christ. One that overcomes the hatred of this world. And one where there is neither Jew nor Greek

If someone despises you because you're poor or rich? so what. You have a new identity in Christ. One where there is neither free nor slave, rich or poor.

Some people hate blacks, and some people hate whites. Some hate poor people, and others hate rich people. Some hate women, some hate men. Some people like to steal, while others like to kill. Some people are shacking up, and others are killing babies.

The church shouldn't have to feel sorry for every wrongdoing in the world, to the point of making public spectacles of apology

What the church needs to "repent" from is going along with the world in championing social causes. Shame on the church for being dragged along into that kind of worldly thinking

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

SBC is IN the nation. The same racial prejudices and racism that are flowing through the SBC are flowing through the nation.:thumbsup:

I didn't say that.

If you've paid any mind to what I've said for years, I'm always speaking to GOD's PEOPLE because the problem starts with US.

Sure there is. It's called loving your neighbor.

You'd have to talk to Ronnie Floyd about that. But I'm pretty sure that he was calling BAPTISTS to reconciliation to be an example for the rest.

Now lets not be silly. The church perceived to be racist and racially prejudiced stands a much better chance of being able to reach the unreached if it isn't perceived to be filled with a bunch of racists or racially prejudiced individuals. Part of loving your neighbor as yourself is loving them. And ain't nobody believing that coming from a bunch of individuals who are perceived to be racists or racially prejudiced.

It's a wise thing that Ronnie Floyd is doing. I just don't think it's gonna mean much as you can see by this board that people don't like being told that they are part of the blame. They shut down and they don't listen.

No one is refuting this.
    No one is disputing this either.

Or this.

When the church is complicit, it should.

You could have stopped at world.:laugh: