1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roots of Freemasonry

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Eladar, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Eladar

Eladar New Member

According to the 'tabloid site', this can be found in most Masonic Monitors
    How many non-religious organizations claim that they hold the knowldge that will get you into heaven?

[ September 26, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Tuor ]

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Uhhh... first you're grousing because they DON'T espouse Christianity, and now you're grousing because you think they DO espouse Christianity?

Can you pedal that bicycle backwards any faster?? It looks like moving in a forward direction on this subject is proving futile, so I'll bow out for now...

[ September 27, 2002, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Johnv ]

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

One thing the masons teach the membership as or after the third degree is the "true name of God" which apparently is "Yah-Bul-On". This seems to me to be what I would call a religious teaching.

4. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Christians do not receive judgement for the deeds done while on earth. We are saved by grace, not works.

If you admit that this sounds Christian, then I ask you, exactly who is going before the Great White Thrown Judgement?

I'll give you a hint, it isn't the elect.

5. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Ya-Bul-On is the name of the Mason trinity.

Ya-the God of the Bible
    Bul- Baal
    On- Osiris

6. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Johnv,

Where in the Bible does it say that our salvation is based purely on our actions? You will notice that the Masonic version of salvation is totally without Jesus Christ.

If you believe that this version of salvation has anything to do with Christianity, I'd suggest you go back and read your Bible.

[ September 27, 2002, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Tuor ]

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The topic about faith vs works is one worth discussing, but it's probably better to create a new topic to discuss it. I could give you my views here, but we'd be getting way off topic, and the moderators already have enough work on their hands :eek:

Please do not take offense to my not responding.

8. Eladar

Eladar New Member

This is not faith vs works. This is salvation without Jesus.

9. new man

new man New Member

The Masonic order is not a religion. Why then, do they have a "worshipful master" and a "temple?" I think the SBC allowed it's pocketbook to influence it's morals on this one.

http://institutecw.tripod.com/masonryreligion.htm

Grace and peace,

Russ <><

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Masons don't say you can't have salvation without works. They encourage their members to do good works. So what? That's what community organizations are SUPPOSED to do.

Let's get one thing straight. I get tired to Christians saying good works don't get you into heaven. (Though, I don't think that YOU are saying that, as your posts elsewhere are evidence to). The "no works required" thinking is a cop-out for not having to lift a finger. I say, if you're not doing good works, you're not faithful. Jesus says, "faith without works is dead". He also gives us the parable of the talents, which includes the summation, "Well done, good and faithful servant", followed by an invitation to come and enjoy the fruits that the master has. Oh, let's not forget Jesus saying "whatever you do to the least of my brothers, you do the same to me".

If good works is fruitless, then remind me to call my local Habitat for Humanity chapter and tell them they're all hellbound, and all their housebuilding is fruitless in the Kingdom.

[ September 30, 2002, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Johnv ]

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

A tripod.com website is one that any one of us could put together overnight. I generally don't give them much weight, be they in favor of or against my views.

12. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

As a Southern Baptist I would like to say that:

equip.org is the website for CRI, the group with which Hank Hanegraaf serves. He is a fine Christian man, and they do fine work. The research they do has mainly to do with cults, sects, etc.

FYI: There was a great deal of controversy in the early 1990s over this issue at the annual conventions (SBC). It was eventually tabled and has never been brought back for discussion. Southern Baptists and their leaders were, at one time, heavily entrenched with Masonic practices (many pastors, institutional presidents, etc.; Royal Ambassadors).

Rev. G

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Just to reiterate my personal views on the matter, even though I don't think the Masonic Order is a satanic organization, I don't favor any Christian man or woman joining a group that requires the keeping of secrets, especially from one's spouse.

In other words, while I don't think the SBC should have to ban its members from being members of the organization, I generally don't think it's a good idea to.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

On the word: JAH BUL ON.

JAH, is from Chaldaic, meaning "almighty; majestic; incomprehensible" it is also found in Hebrew, short for "I am and shall be".

BUL, is a compound Hebrew word from the preposition Beth ("in" or "on") and Ul ("Heaven" or "High"). In Assyrian, it means "Lord of Power".

ON comes from a Hebrew word meaning "strength" or "power". In Egyptian, it means "Father of all".

15. Eladar

Eladar New Member

You are most correct, I believe that faith withoug works is meaningless. By the way, it was James who wrote that.

Good works without Jesus is fruitless. If you are going to call the Habitat people and warn them of anything, you should warn them that without Jesus as their savior, all their good works mean nothing.

If we decide that we can work our way into heaven, without Jesus, we are sorely mistaken. This is the mistake that the Masons make. They teach that one can work your way into heaven without Jesus.

This is wrong. According to the Bible, this is a false doctrine.

[ September 30, 2002, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Tuor ]

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If we decide that we can work our way into heaven, without Jesus, we are sorely mistaken. This is the mistake that the Masons make. They teach that one can work your way into heaven without Jesus.

We're in agreement here [​IMG] . Still I don't have a problem with a group that encourages men to achieve good works prior to meeting one's maker, so to speak. That said, I'm still not big Baptists joining fraternal organizations that require clandestineness. But hey, that's just me.

17. Eladar

Eladar New Member

We're in agreement here. Still I don't have a problem with a group that encourages men to achieve good works prior to meeting one's maker, so to speak. That said, I'm still not big Baptists joining fraternal organizations that require clandestineness. But hey, that's just me.

Spoken like a true, non-judgemental Baptist. Which of course leads us back to 1 Corinthians 5... ;)

One disclaimer, I am not talking about non-Christian Freemasons, I am only talking about Christian Freemansons.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I guess since I'm neither a non-Christian nor a freemason, I'm not the best person to anser that, since my view wuld be from a Christian view.

Since Mozart was a freemason, does that mean I have to throw away my "amadeus" dvd? [​IMG]

19. Eladar

Eladar New Member

1 Corinthians 5 doesn't speak to buying works of dead people. The purpose of expelling the immoral brother is to wake him up, so that he may repent and be found righteous on the day of the Lord.

As you stated, there are Biblical reasons why Christians are not to be Masons.

By your reasoning, because Paul wasn't committing sexual immorality with his father's wife, he shouldn't have made a judgement against the Christian who was.

[ September 30, 2002, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Tuor ]

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Actually, if Paul HAD been doing the same and not acknowleged his own sin, it would have made him a hypocrite. What it comes down to is that one of us thinks that Masons are sinful, and one of doesn't. I'm okay with agreeing to disagree on the subject.