1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rubio thumping Trump!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Feb 27, 2016.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So what are all of you Trump supporters going to say and do when the media finally turns on Trump and vets him they way they should have been doing all along? When they begin telling the American people how Trump ran his businesses, how he was tied in with the Mafia and used illegal immigrants to basically slave labor his buildings?

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The media will remain silent until Trump is nominated as the GOP candidate. Then they will begin the attacks and by so doing insure a Clinton victory in November.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Exactly. I expect him to turn on Savannah Guthrie from the Today Show next because she seems to ask him about his contradictory positions and flip flops more than he likes.

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see substantial damage being done to the Republican party. This Republican support for someone such as a Trump is very disturbing to me.
    I have been contemplating going Independent for some time now since the past two Republican nominees that have been voted in. If the majority of registered Republicans think Trump is a good representative for them then I am going to have to reconsider this party. If this continues, I will be an Independent by fall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This, again, was a slope I knew the party was going to go down after evangelicals supported Romney. The party has degenerated over the last few decades.

I see four divisions in the party:

(1) Your racists and racially prejudiced folks who think they are somehow superior to the folks in the Democrat Party. They don't REALLY have political or morally conservative values. But they flock to the GOP because they believe it is the party of White people as much as folks believe the Democrat Party to be the party of Blacks. They are often on the short end of the stick as far as policies that favor them coming from the party. But they don't care as they still consider themselves better than the folks in the Democrat Party.

(2)Your fiscal conservatives who are not very nice people. They aren't necessarily Christians but like being identified with Christian values. They're the type who "grew up Christian" or have been a Christian "all their lives". They truly want smaller government that is less intrusive, other than fighting wars and enacting legislation that allows them to keep more of their guns and other stuff to leave for their kids and grandkids.

(3) Your liberal evangelicals who consider themselves to be morally conservative, but have developed a pragmatism that allows them to vote for the lesser of two evils, because they've rationalized that it's okay for Christians to support evil because they really don't want the "more evil" Democrats in charge.

(4)Your true conservative evangelicals who are anti-anything that goes against Christ, and would rather not vote than support that which is against Christ.

I think it's well past time that number 4 form its own party.

I'm not sure that I'm a registered anything. But Rubio, Cruz, Trump and the others seem to think they know.[​IMG]Stop sending me emails and stop knocking on my door. I got that house phone simply because it makes my bundle cheaper. They are crazy to keep calling it.[​IMG]

I think you've got a combination majority of 1, 2 and 3 that have taken over the party, and the combination simply does not represent the Christ I know.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you boil down your analysis you have:

1.) Dumb people
    2.) Nasty people
    3.) Democrats Lite
    4.) True Christians

Or, you've got
    1.) Trump supporters
    2.) Mix of Trump and not Trump supporters
    3.) Trump supporters, some Kasich supporters

4.) Cruz and Rubio supporters

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Other than some of your #4's most vocal supporters fitting squarely in the other 3 categories, we agree.Wink

8. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Depends. From what I've seen, a lot of the Trump support is rather soft. I expect Trump to do well in the Panhandle (lower Alabama) and north Florida (lower Georgia). I expect Rubio to do well in South Florida. The question will be the I-4 Corridor -- which runs from Tampa through Orlando to Jacksonville. I expect it to be rather close.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm wondering where the Republicans are that were complaining about how the media failed to vet Obama in 2008? Why aren't they calling for the media to investigate Trump?

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because they would rather lose the general election than see Trump win? Food for thought.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not following you. If the media were to investigate Trump--his ripping off of people via Trump University, his ties to the mob, his failed businesses, his flip-flopping, etc. it would help to ensure that Trump would lose.

I just about fell over laughing when Trump said the reason he's being audited by the IRS is because he's "such a strong Christian". I wonder why the media isn't pursuing that claim?

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They want him to win the GOP nomination, then they will go after him and make public all his dirt, ensuring he loses the general election and handing their darling Hilary the win in November. The GOP movers and shakers would rather lose the election than have Trump lead the party.

They are waiting until after he is the nominee then they will go after him handing the election to Hilary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has already announced his plan for that: Sue them!

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Friday vowed to “open up” libel laws in order to sue media outlets that write “purposely negative” and “horrible” articles about him.

“I’m gonna open up our libel laws, so when they write purposely negative and horrible, false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money,” Trump said at a rally in Fort Worth, Texas.

“We’re going to open up those libels laws,” he added. “So that when The New York Times writes a hit piece, which is a total disgrace, or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money.”
    "You see, with me, they're not protected, because I'm not like other people, but I'm not taking money. I'm not taking their money. We're going to open up libel laws, and we're going to have people sue you like you've never got sued before."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...atens-to-open-up-libel-laws-to-sue-newspapers

So, basically when Trump is President he will sue the media for any bad stories they might run about him. And people thought Obama was a narscissitic authoritarian.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assuming he will be the next president. That is a very large assumption. :)

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no way that I can believe a poll or polls that suggest that The Donald will lose out to Hillary. There is just no way.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hillary
    Hillary will look like a virgin nun after the media is done crushing Trump with his business dealings. You don't see this coming?

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So when they say The Donald will win you believe them; when they say he will lose you don't believe them.

Realize that you call this person by a pet name and think he can do no wrong. I'm sure there is a psychological term for that.

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stockholm syndrome? :D :D :D

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Washington (CNN) Both of the remaining Democratic candidates for president easily top Republican front-runner Donald Trump in hypothetical general election match-ups, according to a new CNN/ORC Poll.

But Hillary Clinton, who is well ahead in the Democratic race for the presidency, would likely face a stronger challenge should Florida Sen. Marco Rubio or Texas Sen. Ted Cruz capture the Republican nomination for president.

READ: The complete CNN/ORC poll results

In the scenario that appears most likely to emerge from the primary contests, Clinton tops Trump 52% to 44% among registered voters. That result has tilted in Clinton's favor since the last CNN/ORC Poll on the match-up in January.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/01/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-poll/

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Hilarious. The polls also said that Obama and Romney were "close". Yall better stop listening to Karl Rove-ish pontificators.

• Agree Agree x 1