1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ruckman videos

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ps104_33, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Every so often someone will ask abour Dr. Peter S Ruckman. Here is a site where you can see him in action. What ever you think of him he is one of a kind. As you might know he does chalk talks as he preaches and he is an amazing artist. Love him or hate him he always leaves an impact. I have seen him a couple of times and even had dinner with him. Believe it or not he is very shy and quiet when socializing.
    Well here it is:

web pagehttp://www.cvmonline.org/index.html

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. shannonL

shannonL New Member

He has also been divorced and remarried.
    Even if he wasn't a crack-pot his divorce disqualifies him from being a creditable pastor.
    Don't ask me to document the fact of his divorce. It is pretty common knowlege. Has been for quite awhile. Yea he sure has made a impact all right. He has impacted IFB churches more negatively than any man around.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

YOU MEAN HE'S DIVORCED!!!??? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING. WOW! I DIDNT KNOW THAT! :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the info. I will not listen to him any more.

4. Randy Ross

Randy Ross New Member

be careful, if you post the truth about ruckman, you'll be labeled a heretic.

5. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Ps104 33 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG]

Greg Sr.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please be sure that any discussion of ruckman's views on inspiration, bible versions, etc, is kept on the VERSION forum and not here or this thread will be closed.

When first hearing of ruckman, I did not have as much problem with his "divorce" teaching (did not know of his personal actions, marrying wife of a student, etc). Sometimes people develop theology to support their own moral actions.

7. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Please don't take this wrong because I don't think divorce is right and I don't know anything about this guy but my my I just don't understand why you guys get so up tight about one getting divorced but still read and believe the thing's that Paul wrote in the bible.He was a cold blooded murderer of Christians no less.

I believe that God forgave Paul and I think that he probably has forgiven Ruckmen too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I didnt start this thread to dicuss Ruckmans divorces and remarriages. That is between him and the Lord. I didnt post this to discuss whether or not he has a right to be in the pulpit or not. God will be his judge. I just thought some of you could get an opportunity to see him teach and draw. He is fun to watch. Just glean what you can and spit out the bones.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the clarification. This IS a "debate" forum, and one is always on the look-out . . :rolleyes:

10. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

It is not a question of forgiveness—you are arguing the wrong point. It is the matter of qualification as a pastor (I Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:5-11). A divorced man is simply not qualified as a pastor although he is forgiven for his divorce. Certain actions disqualify you for service or blessing (e.g. Moses was not allowed to enter the Promised Land because of disobedience and David was not permitted to build the temple.)

BTW, upon what do you base your assumption that God has forgiven Ruckman? How do you know? You said that you didn't know anything about Ruckman. Has Ruckman confessed and asked forgiveness? How do you know or is this simply an assumption? To the best of my knowledge, he defended and justified his divorce rather than confessed and repented. Does God forgive us before we repent and ask forgiveness? Does God forgive us when we defend and justify our sin rather than confessing and repenting?

11. shannonL

shannonL New Member

I'm not going to discuss his personal life as the main topic of discussion.
    I'm making a point that whatever his views are they are mute as far as I'am concerned due to the fact that he has been divorced. Which in my view makes him biblically unqualified to be a pastor.
    Hence making his viewpoints, doctrine etc... irrelevent.
    Your correct Ps104 God will be his judge. God has said in the pastoral epistles that a divorced man is disqualified to pastor a church.
    What is more sad than a guy like ruckman to be in a position of leadership is the people that follow him. Many claim to follow a fundamentalist, conservative view of Scripture which traditionally views divorce as a disqualification. Yet, they will totally disregard that fact and follow a man who has a reckless disregard for Scripture.
    Instead of ranting and raving about the KJV 24/7 Ruckman and his "ites" need to get into the Bible.

12. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Yeah, you could say the same thing about Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart too--you didn't start the Jimmy thread to discuss their sexual immorality. Of course, God is his judge but God has given me sufficient wisdom and direction from His Word not to follow and not to listen to Pete Ruckman. Paul wrote to Titus: "For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. (Titus 1:5-11)"

Benny Hinn is great fun to watch too but he will lead you astray. As for spitting out the bones, sometimes you accidently swallow a bone. I've known people to get fish bones stuck in their throats--it's a tricky business.

[ November 20, 2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: paidagogos ]

13. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

I am skeptical about this whole Ruckman thread. If we have folks trying to gloss over his obvious disqualification from the pastorate by his divorce, then I question their discernment about his teaching. Ruckman is slick with his chalk illustrations but there are flawed arguments in his teaching. I previewed his Body, Soul and Spirit video. Some of his explanations are not exactly kosher whether you are tripartite or not. He, at least, doesn’t give a balanced view. He belittles and ridicules anything else and he supports his arguments with specious reasoning and faulty logic. However, he is attractive and appealing for those who are not well grounded in the Word. Isn’t this the appeal of all the cults? They seem to know what they are talking about and give confident, simple answers. Ruckman is dangerous and deceptive.

14. nate

nate New Member

I'm not trying to be mean or get everyone ruffled but Ruckman is an heretic! Nothing more can or should be said on the matter.

15. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me the point is here that God gives gifts to men, and it is such a tragedy when such men use those gifts for themselves, their own glory, false doctrine, etc.

I saw Ruckman do one of his chalk talks when I was a teen and the man is extremely talented. He was very effective. As has been pointed out, though, he lapsed into divorce and remarriage, false doctrine, railing, etc., doing great damage to the cause of Christ in the process.

As paidagogos pointed out, the man has forfeited his qualifications to pastor, should be rejected as a leader, and is dangerous and deceptive.

16. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Sorry dr bob, I didnt realize that this was only for debates only. I guess the title "General Baptist Dicussion" may have thrown me off a bit.
    I will be sure to be more arguementative from now on and not just use the forum for passing along information. Thanks for the clarification.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Are y'all saying that if a person is divorced, you should disregard what they teach about anything?

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think Ruckman is a control freak and has an inflated sense of his own importance.

So are you saying don't listen to anything a divorced man says but it is important to read the inspired words from God of a murderer such as Paul the apostle?

Some are divorced by their spouse's choice to be disobedient to the word of God.

The largest seminary in the US (SWBTS) was started by a divorced pastor from Waco, TX in conjunction with the support of J. Frank Norris.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I read the scriptures, I see the condemnation falling on the remarriage part. Further, the above point about Paul the murderer is valid.

20. fatbacker

fatbacker New Member

God hates divorce and we all know that but if he is going to get discredited for being divorced and then I think we should all get discredited for pretty much anything we do since we all sin and fall short of the glory of God. All of us have failed. I would say that if his teachings are way off base then that is where we should stop listening to him. Not because of some past mistake. The sins of the prominent figures always seem to be more immoral than someone like me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.